Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SMC - 2nd Person Check

Default SMC - 2nd Person Check

Hello,

I have been following this forum for sometime and it has really been useful. I have a query regarding my residency application submitted under SMC and hope you all would help by sharing your experience.

On 21 Jan 2016 my application was submitted to the 2nd person for check and yesterday my Lawyer told me that "2nd person check has sent file back to case manager for one further bit of information"

Just wondering what would it be ? Usually verification work is completed in first few months and the CO only forwards application to 2PC when he has made the decision. I don't think my CO would have skipped anything before sending it to 2PC.

Appreciate your comment

Thanks

Hi Mir,
    Take it positive and hope things will turn good soon

Could you please share your timeline, if you don't mind? I have been waiting for 2pc since mid of December 2015 and no news yet.

There is no way to tell what the issue is. It may be as simple as a piece of paperwork that your CO didn't sign off. If it's anything that requires more input from you, the CO will get in touch. I know it's difficult, but the only thing to do now is be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by choclover View Post
    Hi Mir,
    Take it positive and hope things will turn good soon

Could you please share your timeline, if you don't mind? I have been waiting for 2pc since mid of December 2015 and no news yet.

EOI : 22 July
    ITA : Mid Aug
    Application Lodged : 05 Oct
    CO allocated : 11 Jan
    2PC : 18 Jan
    Approved : 26 Feb finally phew!!!
    Now waiting for AIP. It may take few weeks.

Thanks and best of luck with your application.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There is no way to tell what the issue is. It may be as simple as a piece of paperwork that your CO didn't sign off. If it's anything that requires more input from you, the CO will get in touch. I know it's difficult, but the only thing to do now is be patient.
    Finally web portal status changed from pending to approved.

Thanks Bro. You have really be fantastic.

Cheers

Congrats mate! Your worries are now over.
    @ JandM my CO has advised that she has approved our application & has sent it to the 2pc queue for his opinion..
    Does this mean I am in the drivers seat as from what I have read the CO never discloses his/hers opinion on the case before the 2pc completes?
    Would like to hear your view..
    Thanks bud

Congrats mate

CGR, COs are not supposed to tell applicants what outcome they are recommending. This is because the whole point of the 2pc check is to look for errors, either way. If the applicant has been told, 'Yes, you're approved,' then the 2pc finds a mistake, it can mean the application will be rejected, or at least, a whole lot more investigation will still be needed. If the applicant has been told, 'No, you're rejected,' then they might go and make other life-changing plans, then hear they have been approved after all.

As far as you personally are concerned, it must be good to know that your original CO thinks you are fit to be approved, but remember that this CAN still be changed if the second official finds any mistakes in that first CO's working of the case. Hold on to the full-out celebrations for a while, okay?

Mir
    I have the similar timeline as you
    EOI July 2015 under SMC with an ongoing skilled job
    ITA Sep 2015
    Lodged Oct 2015
    Additional docs Nov 2015
    CO allocate 6 Jan 2016
    Employer questionnaire same day and response 13 Jan 2016
    2 PC check Q 20 Jan 2016
    Back to CO for more work 30 Jan 2016
    Partner's phone interview 16 Feb 2016
    Status approved 26 Feb 2016