Thread: Work Visa and Resident Visa - Both sponsored by different partners

Exclamation Work Visa and Resident Visa - Both sponsored by different partners

Hi everyone,

I'm desperately in need of some advices about my current visa situation.

I have a two-year open work visa based on partnership in April 2014 (My then-partner holds a work to residence visa based on accredited employer and now in process of applying resident visa without me included). Due to various circumstances, we had to break up in December 2014 and we have not been living together since then and officially single.

In June 2015, I met my current partner (He is a NZ citizen) and we have been living together since then. I am planning to apply a resident visa based on partnership in a few months and he will be the sponsor.

My questions are:

1. I have not informed INZ that I have broken up with my previous partner that sponsored my work visa. Will this be a problem for me, and my future applications?
    2. I'm aware that a sponsor cannot sponsor again if that sponsor has successfully sponsored an application before. But in my case, that's the other way round. Is it okay if I'm being sponsored by a new partner for my resident visa? Not a same partner that sponsored my work visa?

I would really appreciate every advice & thoughts!

Thank you

Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by benjoe View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm desperately in need of some advices about my current visa situation.

I have a two-year open work visa based on partnership in April 2014 (My then-partner holds a work to residence visa based on accredited employer and now in process of applying resident visa without me included). Due to various circumstances, we had to break up in December 2014 and we have not been living together since then and officially single.

In June 2015, I met my current partner (He is a NZ citizen) and we have been living together since then. I am planning to apply a resident visa based on partnership in a few months and he will be the sponsor.

My questions are:

1. I have not informed INZ that I have broken up with my previous partner that sponsored my work visa. Will this be a problem for me, and my future applications?
    2. I'm aware that a sponsor cannot sponsor again if that sponsor has successfully sponsored an application before. But in my case, that's the other way round. Is it okay if I'm being sponsored by a new partner for my resident visa? Not a same partner that sponsored my work visa?

I would really appreciate every advice & thoughts!

Thank you

Bernie
    Hi! I know a friend who was granted 1 year work visa then broke up with his ex, he only had two months left before the expiry of his visa and he met a new nz citizen partner who sponsored him again,the immigration nz issued him another 1 year work visa and is now in the process of applying work residency

Are u applying residence?

It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. Ive seen cases where there is good evidence of the new relationship, that visas are approved. The difficulty that can arise is if INZ question why they were not advised of a change of circumstances after the first relationship broke down..

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle123 View Post
    Are u applying residence?
    Yes I am going to apply for a resident visa Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. Ive seen cases where there is good evidence of the new relationship, that visas are approved. The difficulty that can arise is if INZ question why they were not advised of a change of circumstances after the first relationship broke down..
    Hi Chris, would you be able to explain further what kind of difficulty that may arise? Also, do you think INZ can reject my next application because I did not advise that my first relationship broke down?

Hi Benjoe!

I am on a similar situation. can you please share with me if you ended up getting the residence visa approved? Thanks

You are replying on an old thread. Benjoe has not been on the forum since November, 2016, so may not see your question.