Thread: Electronic documents

Default Electronic documents

Documents for the ITA need to be either originals or certified copies. For hard copies this is a no-brainer. But how does it work when you need to print a document that you only received in electronic form? Examples of these are documents as proof of relationship, eg. travel itineraries (airline tickets) or a cell phone bill which you receive via e-mail. Do we print it and send as is or do we need to have it certified as well?

I guess it depends and varies from document to document and on the officer that is dealing with your application. They do state on the website they want originals/certified copies so to be on the safe side try to go out of your way to fulfill that but here is my experience.

I submitted originals/certified copies when it came to important documents like birth certificate, council registration certificate, rental agreement , registration of joint bank account and confirmation of joint car insurance etc... Also bank statements were on 'bank paper'.
    Then when it came to boarding passes, the ones you can print out yourself, I just submitted copies I don't think you can really certify them without going through a thousand hoops
    Also submitted copies of hotel reservation, car rentals, and cell phone bills.
    Facebook and Skype screenshots were also just provided as copies no questions asked. I am not saying it will be the same for you but for me (London Branch - Residence ) it was fine

Good luck

Thanks Ice. We will also be submitting to the London Branch.