Thread: Refused work to Residency - options?

Question Refused work to Residency - options?

So I've been refused Long Term Skills Shortage as my job is not on the ANZCO long term skills shortage list. I was absolutely certain it was but not on the updated list they sent me back. Fair enough, I have to accept that.

What are my options here? I do want residency but I could live with a work visa.

My job role is Skill Level Category 1. I have 6+ experience but not 3rd level qualifications. I currently have a perm contract earning 60k+ My current visa expires March 7th.

Should I just go for Essentials Skills Visa? How likely am I to get this and for how long? I need to respond to my CO but bit confused about what I should do really. How quick is the process for this? I have flights booked to Ireland for a family visit.

Sorry you don't give much information here. Are you not eligible under SMC? based on Age + job offer + plus work experience? You only need 100 points with the job offer. PM me with some details if you like (you'll need another post). With an SMC application under way, then essential skills would be appropriate in the interim, and no labour market testing required.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 12th February 2016 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Sorry you don't give much information here. Are you not eligible under SMC? based on Age + job offer + plus work experience? You only need 100 points with the job offer. PM me with some details if you like (you'll need another post). With an SMC application under way, then essential skills would be appropriate in the interim, and no labour market testing required.
    I can get in touch with you. Thank you.

Quick question. Can I apply for EOI while I have a Skills Shortage Visa Pending or should I wait until that is approved?

Hmmm added a new post but can't seem to find the PM option.

you can lodge an EOI at anytime.

PM will show in about 30 minutes (click on your user name)