Thread: Citizenship Eligibility with TAX Credit

Default Citizenship Eligibility with TAX Credit

Hi there,

I'm new Zealand resident since July'14 and working in South land.

We are family of four & my wife is not working & I want to claim working for Family Tax credit

Is it going to impact our citizenship eligibility in future? Any one had any experience before?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask i just though to see what people think.

Many Thank.

Quote Originally Posted by eccabad View Post
    Hi there,

I'm new Zealand resident since July'14 and working in South land.

We are family of four & my wife is not working & I want to claim working for Family Tax credit

Is it going to impact our citizenship eligibility in future? Any one had any experience before?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask i just though to see what people think.

Many Thank.
    The answer is "NO". Eligibility for citizenship doesn't have anything to do with this. Doesn't matter what tax credit you're claiming, doesn't matter if you're unemployed and on welfare. As long as you have a clean character record, speak English, meet the residency requirement and have an intention to live in NZ (this is only up until citizenship is granted. ) you'll be granted citizenship. Here are the requirements -

https://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.n...1?OpenDocument

This is only if you're not a Samoan citizen. For Samoan citizens, the only requirement is to have residency and no other requirements apply.

https://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.n...1?OpenDocument

Hope this helps.