Thread: shipping insurance

Smile shipping insurance

Hi we are moving to NZ from Brighton UK on 6th March....our stuff is going by boat on 1st. We are confused re insurance as we are filling in our 'items to be insured' list provided by the shippers. My question is, if we don't include everything what happens if the boat sinks or the container gets lost? my second question is, is it best to use the shippers ins or an independent company?

We've used Letton Percival. Cheaper than the removal companies.

I believe other people, daunted at a lot of small things to list, have photographed them in groups. But make sure you specify details of anything especially valuable.

As to which insurer to use, check what is offered, as this varies from case to case. But many on the forum over several years have recommended using Letton Percival. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...etton+Percival

If you don't include everything it won't be covered. Simple as that. We made a fairly extensive list which took ages, but guess at numbers of books and value of clothing etc. We now have a great inventory for future insurance quotes!
    We used Letton Percival and their service was good pre-move, but we didn't claim so can't comment on that.