Thread: NZ resident VISA + CANADA PR visa. Which one to prefer?

Default NZ resident VISA + CANADA PR visa. Which one to prefer?

Hello

I recently got CAN+NZ VISA stamping on my passport as well as my two family members.

I know, NZ climate is far etter.

I learnt that, salary tax structure in NZ is better than CAN.

I learnt that CAN's cost of living is less than NZ's.

I belong to IT sector.

I can leave my family back for good saving.

From the perspective of better earning and saving money, Which country is better?

Sham

Hi Sham,

Good points between Canada and NZ. Yes, the points seems to be highlighting your interest towards NZ, but It's always your personal choice and your preference along with your family to have a decision.

Maximum members in this forum are from NZ or pursuing their visa application to NZ, so you would naturally get a go for NZ.

As you have already derived points, it will be easier for you to decide

- Sandeep

on the climate front, although you just say NZ climate is better (I would call it different for fear of inviting unnecessary arguments on this versus that), you don't know how much different that is. If you are ok getting snowed under most days of the year and all that, go with Canada. But if you like a semi tropical weather, NZ. As for extensive out-doorsy lifestyle and a natural promotion of all that is outdoors, I would personally say NZ. NZ also considers work as a part of your life that is important to earn a livelihood and bring in passion as well, but work is not an all consuming thing. However, in comparison with India, it may seem that both CAN and NZ don't take work as an all-consuming thing (my own making, please verify this with experts), although NZ is top notch in considering work and life as 2 balanced ingredients, and that theme resonates with me greatly. As for sal structure, the diff. you pointed, I'm not sure if that is right or wrong, I assume you know better. Lastly, please do consider expenses in your comparison, I tend to think NZ is more expensive than CAN but that is a bird view. Depending on where you select to live in these countries, one may be more expensive than the other. Do look at numbeo.com or any other website for a comparison.

If you consider taking your family along (not sure you want do that in the near or far future), and if kids are part of the family, do consider Educational differences between NZ and CAN. Also, look at medicals / insurance and compare them