Thread: Phone interview-SMC- People who have claimed points for a skilled job

Default Phone interview-SMC- People who have claimed points for a skilled job

Hi All,
    Today our CO called my partner (main applicant under SMC with an ongoing skilled job).
    CO said she could like to conduct a 30 min phone interview and this was after our file was in the 2pc check in Jan and then back to CO, no action since 30 JAN and out of no where my partner got this phone call. Our LIA was also a bit surprised.

Is there anyone who has gone through such an interview? Employer verification was already done last month.
    List of questions would be helpful.

Yes, most unusual if you have a job offer included in your application.But the interview may well be to do with your relationship if the application also includes a partner. that's not so unusual, particularly if you haven't previously had a relationship based visa. Your adviser should at least know the purpose of the interview. if they don't, get them to find out.

I will PM you ChrisMwn

JandM and ChrisMWN thanks for your support so far. My partner had his phone interview with the CO today. Duration about 35-40 mins. He said CO only asked questions (general questions about his work ) for the first 15 mins and then asked my partner if he wanted to add something. My partner explained his duties etc. She took some notes during the interview. Then in the end he told the CO that he was happy to provide more evidence/proof if need be. CO said they will let us know if need be and upon asking how soon can we expect a decision, CO said this will not be consulted with a senior and maybe by next month we should know the outcome. My LIA will follow up with CO today because he said CO's recommend the decisions straightaway if everything else has been verified and because 2PC is a long Q these days hence CO must have said next month. Any thoughts anyone.