Thread: Can i go on holidays after residency?

Default Can i go on holidays after residency?

Hi there,
    I got my residency in Jan,2016 under SMC. now i am considering going for holidays in march for 2 months period. will that be ok or i will face any issue if i am staying more time as i gt residency recent.

i heard from few people that this could be issue if i am going on vacation for long time as soon as i get residency. so, i am bit confused about that.

i already have residency visa labeled and i am working for same company for 2 years.

Hi rockstar,

I don't see any issue in going for a vacation once you have your labels on the passport, there was no mention of the same anywhere in the immigration site. It's better you book a round trip flight just to confirm that you are coming back after holiday.

- Sandeep

No problem if you travel but you need to have valid travel conditions at all times but since you just got residency that is not an issue for you .
    You don't need to ask for permission or a round trip flight or anything NZ is not North Korea
    have a nice holiday

yes, that is what you 2 year resident visa is for. You can travel in and out as often as you like, but if you are looking for PRV, then you will need to make sure you have been in NZ for 184 days in each of the two twelve month periods preceding the date on which you apply for the PRV (after two years holding your RV)