Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is PAR required for bonus points

Default is PAR required for bonus points

Hi,

If someone got PAR for masters degree, does he still need to get par for bachelor degree on which he plans to get bonus points before submitting EOI?

Br,
    Zack

Hi zack,

I think he definitely needs to get a PAR for the bachelor degree to claim points.

- Sandeep

as J&M frequently points out, PAR's are a waste of time (and money) While they might get you through an EOI, you need to have a full assessment when it comes to lodging an application. You can have multiple qualifications assessed for the one fee.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    as J&M frequently points out, PAR's are a waste of time (and money) While they might get you through an EOI, you need to have a full assessment when it comes to lodging an application. You can have multiple qualifications assessed for the one fee.
    Yes, I understand but basically my question was, do we need to assess both degrees before submitting EOI, one is highest degree and other one is for bonus points?

NZQA will assess both degrees for the one fee if you apply for IQA

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    NZQA will assess both degrees for the one fee if you apply for IQA
    Thanks, so If someone have done PAR for master's degree and wants to claim bonus points for bachelors degree, he still have to do IQA for master and bachelors degree before submitting EOI?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandeepthi View Post
    Hi zack,

I think he definitely needs to get a PAR for the bachelor degree to claim points.

- Sandeep
    Thanks Sandeep

Quote Originally Posted by zack_01 View Post
    Thanks Sandeep
    hi zack,()
    kindly confirm as i done PAR both my Master degree(level-9) and bachelor degree (level-7), my bachelor degree have bonus point (computer science)... applying for EOI i have to mention both degree.???

Regards

You'll possibly get 60 points for your Master's if it's assessed as Level 9, and your Bachelor's will get you the bonus points for Area of Absolute Skills Shortage if it is assessed as comparable to one of the NZ qualifications mentioned under LTSSL for your career. You can put in the EOI with PAR (since you have it already), but you'll need IQA for your ITA.

But for anyone reading this before they've done anything about having their qualifications assessed, go straight for IQA - you DON'T NEED to get PAR first, and you have to have IQA later on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You'll possibly get 60 points for your Master's if it's assessed as Level 9, and your Bachelor's will get you the bonus points for Area of Absolute Skills Shortage if it is assessed as comparable to one of the NZ qualifications mentioned under LTSSL for your career. You can put in the EOI with PAR (since you have it already), but you'll need IQA for your ITA.

But for anyone reading this before they've done anything about having their qualifications assessed, go straight for IQA - you DON'T NEED to get PAR first, and you have to have IQA later on anyway.
    thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast