Thread: Need Some Advice - Express Entry

Talking Need Some Advice - Express Entry

Hi All

I could do with some advice please.

We are looking at Express Entry to New Zealand based on my work experience and skills.

We have went through this process for Canada before. For that we had medicals, police checks, proof of funds, IELTS english exams and WES educational credential Checks).

We are now looking to make home in New Zealand, we would look to move to possibly to North Island, Maybe South.

Would anyone mind offering advice on the steps, pitfalls and things to consider; were moving as a family so would need to consider prospects and schools.

Teacher and civil engineer would be our professional areas.

Many Thanks

Wow, huge question if you are just starting. Firstly as you will realise, jobs are key to successful migration. I'd start by looking at requirements for teacher registration and also as an Engineer. (see www.teachnz.govt.nz and ipenz.org.nz)

very generally speaking, if you had job offers in Education, or Engineering, then you would most likely get visas to work in those areas. Such visa might take 4-6 weeks to be processed in London. You would need police clearances and medicals if these are permanent roles.

A residence application, which has a job offer included might take 3-4 months to be processed in London, but doing that is a long way down the track.

If your are job hunting see www.seek.co.nz or edgazette.govt.nz

an sorry, don't understand what you mean by "express entry" it not a term we use in NZ