Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview for SMC with job offer

Default Interview for SMC with job offer

Hello

I am in the process of applying residency through SMC with job offer. I was allocated to a CO on 10 Feb 2016, Henderson branch. At the same time he requested for IRD & payslips, and send an email to my employer. Yesterday, I got a call from the CO, asking if I had 10 minutes to talk about my job. From what I read from the forum (I might be wrong), the interview is usually scheduled. However, in my case he didn't ask me to schedule an interview, and ask me questions straight away. The phone call ended after 30 minutes because I tried to explain my duties as clear as possible. Anyone experiencing similar case?

As a background, I applied under Technical Sales Representative (225499). I have worked for the company for 8 months and I have a Graduate Diploma in Applied Management (Level 7).

Thank you!
    Last edited by kiwihusky; 20th February 2016 at 07:15 AM.

Yes happend the same with us. My partner is the main applicant under SMC and had to go through an interview yesterday. He has been working for this company since 2012.

I feel really nervous because I didn't have time to prepare. I might miss a couple of things included in my duties. Did your CO send the transcript to you Shamat?

no. I don't think that its a usual practice to send a transcript for on shore applicant and interviews do not usually happen for people with skilled jobs.

This is were a question on INZ process arises for me.
    Two people applying SMC under similar conditions on the same day in the same branch and only one gets a co appointed and interview done but no progress with the other application . Am
    Not sure how it works. Logically I would expect both the applicants to hear something on a closer timeline if the queue is only based on first come first serve!

If I can have a bit of a rant here! Firstly don't expect two cases to be processed the same way, even if they are with the same branch or even case officer. Every case is different and while sharing timelines can be useful, don't expect that what happened in someone else's case is a useful guide to what will happen in yours. I once had a SMC application processed in 8 hours, another I battled with for 2 and 1/2 years. I'm not sure that "interviewing" someone who has a job offer is actually provided for in instructions. It's certainly something that Henderson branch (or is it just one case officer) have started doing recently.

If its to clarify information already provided, then that may be the CO's way of doing things. It certainly should not be used to substitute for a "settlement interview '(JSV) , since the settlement criteria are already meet by having a job offer.
    It might also depend on how good the Job offer documentation is and whether, from that information provided their is a clear description of the role offered and whether it is possible for the CO to determine if there is a substanstial match to ANZSCO ( hence the question " I just want to clarify what you do")
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 22nd February 2016 at 08:20 AM.

hey Chris ! smc online status approved 25 jan approx one month now. henderson branch. LIA emailed them the got responde that production of aip is to take place with in next three days. still nothing thr. any idea wazz going on with AIP . does ir really take that long just to email a AIP ? its been 1 minth now . Thanks

can do, see above! The online status that so many of you seem to take heed of, is really a crude measure. It doesn't in anyway reflect what is happening with branch or CO workloads, Highly variable, online status is just a tick in a milestone box occasionly. Suggest your LIA ask for an update?
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 22nd February 2016 at 09:07 AM.

I agree with ChrisMwn. 2 cases can not be compared and every situation is unique in its own with its strengths and weaknesses. Interview was a surprise for us but I guess CO must have thought that this is the fastest way to get more information to go back to the 2PC with clarifications.
    Last edited by Shamat; 22nd February 2016 at 09:27 AM.

Chris !!! i got my one years visa under resident application. am just afraid of the online desion which says resident approved . and shows a lodgment date as well says no expiry date. so the thing is . if its the final desion of immigration ? just worried bcz AIP not arrived its one month now. please share ur experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast