Thread: ITA and major changes to application

Question ITA and major changes to application

Hello!

We submitted our EOI in december, and the ITA was sent out on th 17th, but it never arrived so I thought it was still in process! I finally got worried early feb and called the London Branch who confirmed it should have arrived by email on the 17th... she tried to send it again but still no arrival so she had to attach it to an email manually!

So, challenge one is that it arrived 8 weeks late And I need to get an NZQA assessment, so not sure that I will be able to get that processed by the required date of 17th April.

Then; I got a job offer! Just waiting for the paperwork as we speak, so I need to be in NZ by July... so I am in a conundrum..

Do I issue my ITA now, without the NZQA for my hons degree (Electrical Engineering), but with details of my job in an area of skill shortage - 1: are they able to accept this application with such major alterations (minus points for my skills shortage career, but plus points for the job offer) & 2: Am I likely to get it back by June/July when I want to fly?!?

I dont know whether to let this application lapse and go with a Trade visa and work towards the skilled migrant visa once I am out there; or take the risk and apply for the SM visa now!

The normal procedure for someone with a job offer is to apply for a temporary work visa, or WTR, simultaneously with the application for Residence under SMC. Whatever the employer is sponsoring you for will be processed quite quickly, enabling you to be there and working quite soon, while the longer process for the Residence visa ticks along in the background, taking the time that it takes.

It is certainly possible for the details originally given for the application to be changed, taking note of your job offer, but if your qualification is not on the INZ list of those exempt from assessment, and you need the points for your degree (although not the bonus points), the IQA will still be necessary. If you contact INZ again, pointing out that you are short of time for getting assessment from NZQA because of the non-arrival of the ITA, they are fairly likely to agree to accept the application with the IQA still to follow. I feel it's probably worth a try to save THIS application if you can, given what you must have already paid out for it, and that quite a lot of the paperwork will serve for both it and the work visa or WTR.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The normal procedure for someone with a job offer is to apply for a temporary work visa, or WTR, simultaneously with the application for Residence under SMC. Whatever the employer is sponsoring you for will be processed quite quickly, enabling you to be there and working quite soon, while the longer process for the Residence visa ticks along in the background, taking the time that it takes.

It is certainly possible for the details originally given for the application to be changed, taking note of your job offer, but if your qualification is not on the INZ list of those exempt from assessment, and you need the points for your degree (although not the bonus points), the IQA will still be necessary. If you contact INZ again, pointing out that you are short of time for getting assessment from NZQA because of the non-arrival of the ITA, they are fairly likely to agree to accept the application with the IQA still to follow. I feel it's probably worth a try to save THIS application if you can, given what you must have already paid out for it, and that quite a lot of the paperwork will serve for both it and the work visa or WTR.
    Also if you are now claiming points for a job offer, do you still need to claim qualification points? Do you have the number of years work experience that ANZSCO says can substitute for a qualification?

I didnt claim my degree due to the NZQA mess... I used my HNC which is recognised as a level 5! Sadly my university fell off the list of approved institutes in 2011.
    But I was claiming points as an electrical engineer and didnt realise I needed the lvl 8 qualification for that. I have no doubt my degree would pass the NZQA assessment as it is accredited by the UKs engineering institute, its just the time and money that may be wasted.

My job offer is in construction industry, and I dont need the degree for the job; it is based on my own work experience and trade qualifications that got me there really - so I don't *need* the Lvl 8 recognition as far as I can see - if I substitute the points I lose for the bonus points of my occupation as electrical engineer, and replace it with the job offer it still works out >140 points. I have engineering references back to 2003... although the companies only issue standard references which dont give average hours.

I just dont want to do it if its likely to be rejected without the NZQA if I really need to do it!
    Last edited by Savahl; 19th February 2016 at 06:41 AM.

I'd simply advise your case officer , or the branch, that you now have a job offer and simply wish your application to be assessed on the basis of age+ work experience+ job offer, assuming that tallys to more than 100 points. (that's all you needed to be selected with a job offer)

Your only other consideration, is above above that you have the number of years of work experience, thatn ANZSCO says can substitute for a qualification, so that you meet the definition of skilled employment at SM7.10.1

I'd suspect an application with job offer included would be processed in 3-4 months an by July, particularly if you advise them of a start date. (without an medical or other issues)
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 19th February 2016 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks

Sorry, I have another question

What form would be appropriate for my Temp Work visa to go off alongside my SMV, as I am taking a partner? Do I use the INZ1199 partnership based temp visa alongside the work visa? Or is there a specific partnership work visa that I cant see?

That number is the guide, I think, with the form being INZ 1198. There is also a sponsorship form that you need to supply. Then you do a cover letter linking his application with your work visa application, so INZ will supply your visa number and any other information which you won't know when filling in the form, as it becomes available.

I have printed the form not the guide, I think Im just going number blind as I am dealing with so many forms at the moment haha!

So - I need to do a cover letter with my main application explaining the NZQA/job offer situation; and another for the temp work visa + Partnership temp visa - and in theory I should get my passport back when they complete the temp work visa situation so we can travel out there together in time for July...

I hate paperwork Sadly so does he and Im the lead applicant so Im stuck with the donkey work

Here's hoping it all feels well worth it by this time next year.