Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Study Work Visa

Default Post Study Work Visa

Hi,
    I have completed my studies here in New Zealand and am looking to apply for a Post study Work Visa (Employer assisted). I have a great job as a sales assistant at the Airport and it is somewhat related to my studies. I have the Job offer letter and the contract. However, my employer says that it is against their company policy to fill out the Supplementary form which is required for the employer assisted application. My question is, is there anything I can do get around this issue? I know the form is mandatory but can I offer any other evidence to show that I do work there which will satisfy Immigration apart from the form?
    Thank you.

No. INZ has to investigate the employer, as well as the existence of the job, as part of the process, and if the employer isn't prepared to co-operate, it won't work.

Thanks for the quick response. Does an employer who assists with a post study work visa need to advertise the job to NZ residents? Or is it sufficient to fill in sections A an B on the NZ1113 form? Thanks again.

No, the employer doesn't have to have advertised the job to NZ citizens or residents. That part of NZ1113 is specifically for supporting a worker applying for an Essential Skills visa, not someone in your position. The regulations about the Employer Assisted Post-Study Visa are here in detail. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45663.htm

If that option, the employer assisted one, doesn't work - you can always apply for the open study to work visa

there is very little information on an ESF that is applicable to your application, so I wonder why you employer has issues completing it. Advertising for role is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    there is very little information on an ESF that is applicable to your application, so I wonder why you employer has issues completing it. Advertising for role is not required.
    It shocked me too. I have asked them repeatedly and explained this to them but I keep being told that "it is against company policy". Completely crazy.

@Jand Thanks for the clarification.

@bud: Thanks for the suggestion, I am currently on the open visa. Better start looking for a more helpful employer.

@n0exit : it's common for company's here not to go through the visa hassle hence they don't like to recruit someone who needs a work visa. This is from my experience in past.

Hi @JadeM,

My sister has the same issue with her employer, she also did MBA here and got an offer as shop co ordinator(manager) and they are also not willing to give supplementary because of Ad, I have referred the NZ1113 form, in that its mentioned as follow http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1113.pdf

Have you provided any of the following:

Approval in Principle from INZ to recruit workers for this position.
    State your 8-digit AIP reference number Go to ‘Section D: Declaration by employer’
    Skills Match Report from Work and Income. Attach a copy of the Skills Match Report to this form.
    Go to ‘Section C: Overseas recruitment based on non-availability of New Zealand residents’
    Canterbury Skills and Employment Hub engagement letter. You must provide this if the place of employment is in the
    Canterbury region* and the position is an ANZSCO skill level 3-5 occupation (see B2 ). Contact the Hub at www.opportunitycanterbury.org

So in my sister's case she won't match any of the above, so basically Employer has to fill section A and D in the form, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you very much

I'm assuming that your sister is wanting to apply for a Post Study Work Visa, employer assisted.

If that is correct, yes, the employer HAS to fill in the form, but only the sections that apply, which would be A and D, as you said.

If your sister were to apply for an open Post Study Work Visa, the employer would not need to be involved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast