Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passport photos

Default Passport photos

Hi guys

We're submitting our partnership residence application this week so getting last minute things together.

It says you need to include two passport photos for everyone included in the application. I'm an expat kiwi so am technically not included in the application as it's for my British partner, would i need to include passport photos of myself in the 'partner section' or not?

Thank you!

Nicole

I had the same question and you probably don't have to but I decided to just go ahead and do it. Also because at D10 they ask
    Is your partner included in this application? Yes / No
    and at D8 they also ask for your citizenships and your passport details so it will be clear that you are the NZ citizen and thus don't need a residence visa haha

Mine was approved at the London branch a week ago it took 3 and a half months.

Yeah I might be safe and just add the passport photos. It wouldn't hurt I guess but just don't want to confuse them in thinking that I'm included in the application..

Are you an expat? I was hoping it would be quicker than 3 and a half months seeing as I'm an expat..

We are submitting at the London branch this week

Yes but you will also have to complete Form 1178 (partnership support form for residence ) and there they will clearly see that you are the sponsoring partner

I am the partner of an expat kiwi and we were hoping that it would be fast tracked too for that reason but it seems like it didn't matter . There was someone else on this forum I talked to with an expat partner and it was 3 months for them too at the London Branch a few weeks ago . No health problems and a clean slate so expect 3 months to be on the safe side. Allocated a case officer after 1 and a half months and approved 2 months later.

Oh wow, that's for that info!

I thought i read somewhere that if your partner was an expat an immigration officer was allocated immediately? Good to know that it may take a bit longer.

Sounds like you applied over the Christmas period.. Do you think that's what caused your delay?

Yes its true that what they say on the INZ London Branch -website (has not been updated since 2012 ). I applied 05.11.2015 and got a CO allocated just before the christmas closure I think 22.12.2015.
    Christmas holidays probably prolonged everything and yours could be a lot faster thats the thing with INZ they will give you estimates but they are just that , estimates...
    When you send your application in and they accept it for processing you will get an email from a support officer stating how long it might take to finalize your application
    and that estimate is a lot more accurate. They said 10-12 weeks and it ended up being just that (12 weeks )without the issuing of the stickers though. (another 2 weeks) .
    Its just one of those things but in general INZ are quite pleasant to deal with so good luck

iNZ generally prefer that the partners details are completed and passport photos added to the residence application form. That allows them to relate to other relationship photos provided and to other documentation

Ah i see, thats very helpful, thanks!

Do you have to post in your application or can you go into the office to submit it? It wasn't very clear about that either. Sorry for all the questions...

applications go to the Visa Application Centre. They aren't immigration officers and applications are checked on arrival ( other than against checklist of mandatory documents)so better just to courier or registered post as it contains those original documents.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 22nd February 2016 at 05:20 AM.

Okay thanks.. So applications can be submitted personally at the Visa Application Centre? Sorry I'm a little confused.. Why is it best to post rather than submitting it at the VAC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast