Thread: Skilled migrant visa (need urgent advice)

Default Skilled migrant visa (need urgent advice)

Hi everyone
    My Partner just completed his study. We live in Christchurch. He is working in Aluminium Joinery from last two years (Skilled Shortage) and his employer is ready to support for work visa( so he can do apprentice and get 3 years skilled work visa) and residency but the thing is he did study in business management. his employer is ready to support him for apprenticeship as well. (1)but I heard that only nz resident can do apprentice..Is that true???
    (2) Can anyone please suggest good lawyer in christchurch?
    (3) Do te employer need to advertise the position?
    Last edited by reema123; 23rd February 2016 at 09:26 AM.

?????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by reema123 View Post
    Hi everyone
    My Partner just completed his study. We live in Christchurch. He is working in Aluminium Joinery from last two years (Skilled Shortage) and his employer is ready to support for work visa( so he can do apprentice and get 3 years skilled work visa) and residency but the thing is he did study in business management. his employer is ready to support him for apprenticeship as well. (1)but I heard that only nz resident can do apprentice..Is that true???
    (2) Can anyone please suggest good lawyer in christchurch?
    (3) Do te employer need to advertise the position?
    1. I think you need to have a residency to do a apprenticeship, generally in the building industry we dont really take apprentice who are non residents. Apprenticeship are kinda like to support the young NZ community to get into the industry.
    2. Best is to Google and talk to few people on phone. You can also talk to Chris who is LIA and part of this forum. If you go on line @ http://www.iaa.govt.nz/ it gives you the list of advisers
    3. I think yes , it needs to be advertised