Hi All,

Some advise please.

I have been accepted to study a qualification on the Ltssl - Bachelor of Information Sciences(information Technology) which is a 3 year qualification and has an exit level of NZQF Level 7 under ICT, Electronics and telecommunication at Massey university in Auckland as a full free payment foreign student. I have submitted my credits from my current university for recognition of prior learning to Massey for assessment and due to this the duration of the qualification at Massey ( Bachelor of Information Sciences)which I have been accepted to has been decreased to 2.5 years.

My wife and son will accompanying me to new Zealand while I study at Massey (Bachelor of Information Sciences(Information Technology - NZQF 7) and I would like to apply for a work visa for her so that she may work during our stay and a visitors / student visa for my 3 year old son so that he is permitted to accompany us.

My questions are:
1. whether immigration would still issue me with a 3 year visa and whether my wife and sons visa's will be for the same duration as mine due to the change of duration for the qualification at Massey?
2. Would I still be able to apply for a study to work visa after I had finished my qualification at Massey( Auckland, nz) with the duration of 2.5 years?
3. If I took additional credit at the university outside of my degree curriculum and those credits increase the duration of my stay, would / could I get an extension on my student visa and would that extension apply to my family?
4. Is the 3 years duration of the qualification needed in order to apply for a study to work visa once I have completed my qualification or does the NZQF level 7 hold more weight.

Hope you guys can assist.

Thanks in advance.

Chad Finch