Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Successful partnership sponsored visitor visa

Default Successful partnership sponsored visitor visa

Hello everyone
    I wanted to share the success my partner had in getting a 12 month visitor visa for NZ under partnership. We found this forum very helpful when preparing our application as many people had similar questions to ours.

My partner is from Philippines and I’m a non-Filipino NZ citizen. When we applied for the visa, we had been in a relationship for 14 months but had not lived together. We met and got to know each other in NZ first (over 8 months), then I spent a couple of months in Philippines with my partner (in two separate trips). The partnership-sponsored visitor visa appeared to be our only option in this scenario.

We lodged the application in person at the VIA centre in Cebu in January and it was processed in 15 days.

Relevant evidence we provided in support of the application, was:
    • Printouts of all emails, facebook messenger and skype correspondence (covering our whole relationship)
    • Letters of support from both our families, and close friends (15 in total)
    • Photos from various activities and events we attended together
    • Invites to a wedding and 30th birthday coming up in the next year
    • Evidence of holidays together, including hotel bookings, flight and bus tickets, hotel and tour activity receipts
    • Evidence of money transfers
    • Timeline of relationship
    • Clear letters of intent from both of us
    • My evidence of funds and ability to support my partner while she lives in NZ, along with confirmation of our living arrangement (we will be renting).

We’re looking forward to living together in NZ now

We hope the above is helpful to anyone else who is considering a partnership-sponsored visitor visa to be able to live together in NZ.

congratulations

Hi just need and advice for my partner we are planning to get him in a visitors visa under partnership but we don't have joint accounts is that okay? And also how much should I have to sponsor him. ThankYou.

Hi Everyone,

I am currently under Working Visa here in NZ and wanted my partner to come here and live with me. He is currently in Philippines today. We did not live together (which is a vital requirement to be considered partner). I really need help to decide what kind of Visa should we apply for. I have read about Visit visa under partnership and partnership under working visa but still in doubt.

Thank you very much for your help guys! very well appreciated.

- Fae

Quote Originally Posted by Erra View Post
    Hi just need and advice for my partner we are planning to get him in a visitors visa under partnership but we don't have joint accounts is that okay? And also how much should I have to sponsor him. ThankYou.
    Joint accounts is only one POSSIBLE kind of evidence. You can also show that each of you, from separate accounts, paid for items or services that were for the benefit of both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by fae04 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am currently under Working Visa here in NZ and wanted my partner to come here and live with me. He is currently in Philippines today. We did not live together (which is a vital requirement to be considered partner). I really need help to decide what kind of Visa should we apply for. I have read about Visit visa under partnership and partnership under working visa but still in doubt.

Thank you very much for your help guys! very well appreciated.

- Fae
    Any kind of partner-sponsored visa requires evidence of living together. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...on/partnership

Hi I would like to us where do you compile all the documents? Is the clear folder can do? Because I'm planning to pass my application nextweek.
    Thanks

Hi teekay!
    How many pages of your photos together and how you compile everything? And where do you compile your documents and evidences? Thank you

Congrats teekay.. we are on a same situation before, but now I already got my partnership work visa last january. Happy to help fellow "kababayans" on what evidence you should provide (base on experience) just pm me..

Hi! I need a help
    I'm planning to apply partnership work visa
    What you can suggest I have all the the evidence except living together?
    And where do you compile your documents? Is the clear folder will do?? Thank you for your response on this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast