Thread: Working abroad after residency (the one with travel conditions)

Default Working abroad after residency (the one with travel conditions)

Hi everyone!

I used the 'search' option but I don't find informations about it (sorry in advance if there is already a thread!).
    This month our residency (NOT the permanent residency but the one with the two years travel conditions) application has been approved (Yuppy!!! ). It was a loooong and difficult journey and so we want to keep it very very (very very!!!) tight (this is why I'm asking...to be sure to not breach the rules and bacuse on my 'welcome packages' there are not informations about 'working abroad')

Around June, we are planning to spend some time in our home country (maybe three months) but we (me and my partner) should work to maintain our young family. We will buy our ticket (one way..this is another question: 'Can we leave New Zealand with just a one way ticket because we are not sure when we will go back here...for sure we will be away not longer that 3-4 months) and we have the possibility to work for the summer season in our country of origin.

Are we allowed to work 'abroad' with a residency (with travel conditions)?Anyone have done the same?

I hope my doubt is clear enough
    Thank you very much for you replies!

Pretty sure what ever you do outside of New Zealand is non of their business...Just make sure to re-enter the country before your travel conditions expire

Exactly. Once you are residents, there are no conditions on your life, or work, or lack of it, in NZ. The two-year travel conditions aren't actually conditions at all, but a permission to re-enter NZ as many times as you wish during that time. If in due course you want to apply for NZ permanent residency, you need to notice the requirement for the principal applicant to establish commitment to New Zealand in the two years before applying, and make sure you meet them. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Thanks a lot!!!

This forum is amazing!