Thread: Question About Medical Result

Default Question About Medical Result

Hi all,

My partner recently had her medical done for her next visa application, we had an email from the receptionist (not the doctor) saying the results we fine and normal, however when we looked at the results ourselves we have seen that two of the results were just below the "normal" range. One was the MCV, she got 78 fl and the normal rage is 80 - 99, the other result was the MCH, she got 24pg and the normal range is 27 - 33.

Can anyone tell us if we should be concerned about this and/or what these results even mean and what we could do to improve them should she need to be tested again? Also the doctor has put LL next to those two results????

The receptionist at the clinic told us that a few points outside of the normal range is still considered normal, but it would be more reassuring to seek other peoples thoughts and experience on this of course.

I understand that if there is any concerns with a blood test that immigration may ask you to do the test again to see if things have improved, however my partner and I will be apart when she applies for her visa and we are unsure about how to go about getting the test done again in her country, for example what test to ask for, and asking if they are able to upload the results to her immigration file (im not sure they can do that in Armenia or not)Medical Private 11.jpg

The test is called a Complete Blood Count. This is a very common blood test and she should be able to get it done in any country. One reason why her MCV and MCH levels might be low is if she is a bit iron deficient.

A nice website to see exactly what the results mean is: https://labtestsonline.org/understan...s/cbc/tab/test
    You will find the description of the MCV and MCH about 3/4 down the page.