Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone has applied SMC as a chef?

Default Anyone has applied SMC as a chef?

EOI selected with J/O 140: 20 Jan 2016
    ITA: 4 Feb 2016
    Application lodged: 17 Feb 2016

I have 4 years work experience (3 years in overseas and 1 year in NZ) as a chef and now am wating for CO allocation.
    If anyone who has applied SMC as a chef, let's share a timeline, interview or whatever we can

I have read all threads by searching 'interview' but wasn't much helpful as CO will ask different things to someone who is already in NZ and on work visa.

If anyone can give me some advise on interview, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank ya'll

They ask about all the details of your responsibilities at work - exactly what you are in charge of. This is to make sure that it matches up with what your employer says, and also the job description at ANZSCO.

Are you really a chef (demi, sous, executive) or, a cook. That might depend on the place of work but as J&M says do you do want is on AZSCO and have the required qualifications/experience? Timelines change all the time and will be different for each client with each case officer in each branch. Occupation has no bearing on how fast or slow cases are processed. Chefs often struggle under SMC rules.

Thanks for you relpy!

Hi mate sure I am a really chef (a head chef). Can I ask why chefs often struggle under SMC? thanks

mainly because so many "cooks" who work in fast food, think they are "chefs." Their duties and responsibilities do not have a substansial match with what is on ANZSCO.

Hi ChrisMwn. Yes I understand. But I am working at Japanese restaurant. I have checked the duties on ANZSCO and my actual duties are matched. Thanks for your comment. I will be keep updating any changes

Quick update!
    Application lodged: 17 Feb 16
    CO allocated & additional docs requested: 4 Mar 16
    Phone interview: 8 Mar 16

How fast it is

Yes, it IS going quickly so far. Good luck!

Amazingly fast! Which branch is processing your application? CO allocated within 2 weeks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast