Thread: Anybody knows if fingerprint taken by the post shop is not qualified, can I be refunded?

Default Anybody knows if fingerprint taken by the post shop is not qualified, can I be refunded?

So I took the finger print and sent to FBI for the background check. After 3 months later, I got a letter from FBI states that the quality of my prints are too low to be checked. I'm really upset. I went to Manukau city post shop to take it, which is one of the only 2 post shops can do it in Auckland area. I assume the staff should know what they do and make sure they take a valid print for their customer who pays $50 for it.

Does anybody have this kind of experience before? Do you guys think I have a shot to be refunded?
    Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

that might depend if it is an issue with the way that the prints were taken, or if (like some people do) you have particularly bad fingers. its not uncommon for people in some occupations to have worn prints.

I see the FBI offers the following advice:

"6. What if my fingerprints are continuously rejected?

You should have multiple sets of fingerprints taken, preferably by a fingerprinting technician. (This service may be available at a law enforcement agency). Mail all fingerprint cards to the CJIS Division with your request. For more information on taking legible fingerprints, refer to the Recording Legible Fingerprints brochure."
    (see https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/id...ry-checks/faqs)
    You might want to have another set of prints taken at the same office, showing then the rejection advice from FBI and see if they are of better quality.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 28th February 2016 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    that might depend if it is an issue with the way that the prints were taken, or if (like some people do) you have particularly bad fingers. its not uncommon for people in some occupations to have worn prints.

I see the FBI offers the following advice:

"6. What if my fingerprints are continuously rejected?

You should have multiple sets of fingerprints taken, preferably by a fingerprinting technician. (This service may be available at a law enforcement agency). Mail all fingerprint cards to the CJIS Division with your request. For more information on taking legible fingerprints, refer to the Recording Legible Fingerprints brochure."
    (see https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/id...ry-checks/faqs)
    You might want to have another set of prints taken at the same office, showing then the rejection advice from FBI and see if they are of better quality.
    I appreciate the suggestion and the link.
    My job doesn't relate to any chemical stuff, actually I'm a computer animator working in an office all day. Last time the staff in Manukau Post Shop took all my 10 fingerprints on an electronic device, and if it was not clear enough, the machine rejected the record. I did everything according to the staff's requirement. That is why I'm really surprised to know it's rejected because of "low quality". I'll call to find out what is next. I reckon it is really unfair to spend my $50 for nothing.