Thread: new comer

Default new comer

Hi everyone,
    I'm a new comer in New Zealand and bit unfamiliar with the possibilities of obtaining a permanent residency status in here. I saw the point-based ranking system but I am not sure whats the best way to proceed in my situation. I have a MSc. degree and one year working experience both from outside of NZ. I wonder what ways are open for me to start a PR application process here.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

with just age points , plus possibly qualification points to rely on, then you will most likely need a skilled job offer. What field is your qualification in and what is your work experience?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    with just age points , plus possibly qualification points to rely on, then you will most likely need a skilled job offer. What field is your qualification in and what is your work experience?
    Thanks for your reply.
    I did my MSC. in international commerce. and my work experience is also related to commerce/marketing and trades. What category of PR is it that you are referring to?
    I also wanted to know more about the required points to enter the pool and the steps to complete.

All the info you need is on INZ website. If you have questions you can check out the forum search function .
    good luck

First thing - when you apply under the skilled migrant category, which I suspect you are thinking of since you mentioned the points system, you are applying for Residence, not PR. PR is a totally different visa that you only qualify for after living for at least two years on a Resident visa. There are not different categories of PR.

This http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nt/default.htm is the first place to look, then the How to Apply link from near the bottom of that page. However, rather than the points calculator, which can be misleading, I recommend looking here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm. SM6 has a chart of all possible points, and the other sections set out the detailed requirements for claiming under each heading.

If you have a skilled job, or offer, in NZ, you need a minimum of 100 points for your EOI to be selected. If you don't have a skilled job, or offer, you need at least 140 points.