Thread: Regarding partnership resdnce

Default Regarding partnership resdnce

Whats the verification process in partnership residency??
    Am already gone through 2pc and after that i asked my CO for decision and she said its under verification.
    Can anyone explain me how long it would take to give decision?? Or they gona ask something to me to provide??
    Confused🙄

PS: sorry for my english.😷

There is a queue for the 2PC just like for everything else with INZ so that means there is a x number of people waiting to get that check which is carried out by another immigration officer. It depends on how many people are in the queue waiting and for that reason its impossible to say how long you have to wait. But good news is 2PC is the final stage of the application process.

If the immigration officer that is carrying out the second person check finds a mistake or something that is missing he might return your file to your CO and s/he will ,if needed ,ask you to provide the things that are necessary.

Thnks ice
    But am still confused about the verification process which is going on my application?
    Any idea about that?

Verification is just another word for checking, with no special meaning as to a particular process for INZ, so, since the CO hasn't explained any further, nobody here can know what is going on either.

When you say, 'Am already gone through 2pc,' what exactly do you mean? What were you told at the time?

As ice said above, if the second official going through your case found some mistake or gap in what your CO had done, then s/he would send it back to the CO to be corrected. So having had the file go to 2pc is a sign that the CO believes it's finished and s/he has recommended an outcome, not a guarantee that it's all over, since it WILL be sent back for more work if necessary.

Default Resident Visa to Permanent Resident

Kindly help me with my dilemma.
    My children and I were granted a Resident Visa last July 2014.
    Me,based on partnership and our children as dependents.
    My partner and I had separated and our children are living with me.
    I am planning to apply for Permanent Residency come July.
    My question is:
    Since my ex partner is the principal applicant of our residency and we are no longer in a relationship how will that circumstance affect my application to Permanent Residency?
    And if I will apply PR on my own, can I include our children in my application? Reason being, we have no contact with my ex partner and we don't know his whereabouts.
    I appreciate all your insight to this matter.
    Thank you

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45650.htm Yes, you and your children are entitled to apply for PR independently, since you and the principal applicant have separated. RV1.20.1 and RV1.20.5.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45650.htm Yes, you and your children are entitled to apply for PR independently, since you and the principal applicant have separated. RV1.20.1 and RV1.20.5.
    Thank you so much for the reply!

there's a possibility too, that in referring to "verification", they are awaiting the outcome of the National Security Check, depending on your nationality.