Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration help children visas

Default Immigration help children visas

Hi there im new to all this and just looking for some advice
    I have permanent residence for new Zealand as lived there and applied for this 10 years ago. I am looking to return to new Zealand this month with my partner and children none of whom have visas.. what are my rights on getting my children into education and what is the visa I need to apply for also does anyone know how long a decision takes if I apply for permanent visas for them my family are all still in new Zealand.
    thankyou

Wow, that throws up a whole lot of questions first! Were your children born in New Zealand? if so they may be NZ Citizens. Who do you mean by "my family are all still in NZ?

Assuming your partner and children are on UK, or EU passports, then they can just arrive in NZ with a visa waiver but would require outward tickets. You children could also enrol in school, and be treated as domestic students (for up to 12 weeks, but that does often get complicated and can confuse schools .

More fundamentally if you were to apply for residence for your partner and children, in the UK, then you might expect that application might take 2-4 months to be processed, once lodged. They would all need medicals and those above 17 years of age need Police clearances.
    Similarly if you were to apply for a work visa for your partner and student of visitor visas for your children (how old are they?) those visas might take 3-5 weeks to be issued.

happy to discuss by PM, but you will need to make 5 posts to access that facility.

Hi im not sure if im replying correctly here..
    my children aged 7 6 and 2 are English and have English passports only. my partner and I have been together for 7 years but haven't any letters addressed to both of us as we have always had separate bills. but we obviously have had children and he has his bank etc registered to the same address. (Just mentioning as I will also be needing to apply for his residence ) we originally booked ourselves return tickets and where going to be returning after 2 months but have since decided maybe not to return if it was possible.
    my mother is English but also a new Zealand resident and herself and my sisters are still living in New Zealand. my sisters are new Zealand born

thanks for your reply

we where going to apply for visas out there will this not be allowed ?

yes you can apply in NZ, both for temporary visas and for residence, but you must hold "outward" (not return) tickets if you arrive on "visa-waiver." You'll need relationship evidence to show you are currently and have lived together for 12 months. This might necessarily be jointly addressed ail, but mail to each of you at the same address? Also insurance/car documentation in joint names? letters cards photos etc of you together and of course birth certificates for children are themselves good evidecne.

If you have the time it may be quicker and simpler in the long run to just lodge one residence application while in the UK and hope that it only takes a few months to be approved?

hi again thanks so what is the difference in and outward and a return we have return tickets booked, our flight is this month so don't have the time to apply first

im really worrying now that we have been given the wrong information

a return ticket, is a ticket back to your point or origin, so the UK. An outward ticket (which is all INZ require) is simply a ticket to a place where you have a right of entry. (literally a ticket out of NZ, most commonly to Australia or Pacific somewhere). There's nothing to be worried about. Just make sure you bring all of your relationship evidence with you and think about applying for a UK police certificate before you come to speed things up.(https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Ce...es_Online.aspx) Medicals could be done here and probabaly cheaper here than UK.
    Also make sure you have original full birth certificates.

Don't worry at all, Just expect you might get some grief from schools if children don't have visas and expect they might want to charge you international fees.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 2nd March 2016 at 10:07 AM.

oh ok thanks I was worrying then haha
    so what other than letters can be used as proof of relationship ? photos wont have dates ? maybe a holiday that was booked for us in 2013? showing both mine and his name ?

yes, evidence of joint travel is good. Do you have insurance /car licence documentation in both names. Joint bank Accounts? letters of support from family friends if you have nothing else? When you get to NZ make sure everything goes into joint names.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast