Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver Fern Visa 2016: Problems with length of visa

Lightbulb Silver Fern Visa 2016: Problems with length of visa

Hi all,

I got one of the Silver Fern Visas this year and have been in NZ a few weeks already. I was here last year on my working holiday and had no problem finding jobs because they were not deemed as 'skilled occupations'.

I've recently encountered a problem and was wondering if anyone had the same issue. I was told I would be perfect for a particular job by a recruitment consultant who was managing applications for a particular role. However, the company won't touch me because the Silver Fern Visa is only for 9 months. Despite 9 months I know that once I get a job I can either apply for the Work to Residence visa or the Silver Fern Practical Skills visa.

It seems that a lot of people don't know what the SFV is and even when you link the website they don't seem to understand it.

Has anyone else had any problems like this and how did you overcome them?

Cheers
    Jimmy

Hi Jimmy! This has definitely crossed my mind! I am currently applying for a SFV. Id probably just say I am eligible to work in NZ.

I am on a silver fern visa as well

I dont think there should be a reason not to give a job opportunity based on the silver fern visa as this is a valid work visa and there should be no problem

P.S. I have still not got a job but i have my fingers crossed.

Default Contact info !

Quote Originally Posted by sameersaini8 View Post
    P.S. I have still not got a job but i have my fingers crossed.
    Hi ,

Can i get your contact number ?

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by jimbosimp View Post
    Hi all,

I got one of the Silver Fern Visas this year and have been in NZ a few weeks already. I was here last year on my working holiday and had no problem finding jobs because they were not deemed as 'skilled occupations'.

I've recently encountered a problem and was wondering if anyone had the same issue. I was told I would be perfect for a particular job by a recruitment consultant who was managing applications for a particular role. However, the company won't touch me because the Silver Fern Visa is only for 9 months. Despite 9 months I know that once I get a job I can either apply for the Work to Residence visa or the Silver Fern Practical Skills visa.

It seems that a lot of people don't know what the SFV is and even when you link the website they don't seem to understand it.

Has anyone else had any problems like this and how did you overcome them?

Cheers
    Jimmy
    Im in the same shoe
    Been here for about 2 months, get a few interviews, some went well but when i check it isnt classified as skilled
    I think the 9 months u can explain
    But seriously i find it hard and not much jobs around
    Im in auckland btw

Quote Originally Posted by ptpanicker View Post
    Hi ,

Can i get your contact number ?

Thomas
    Make 5 posts on any thread, then, after about 20 minutes, the forum will automatically switch on your ability to use the PM system, so you can exchange personal details if you want to.

Hi everyone! How are you doing in the job search? I arrived in Auckland just over a week ago. Am interviewing with one company, had phone interviews from abroad and will go into the office soon - fingers crossed! For the rest I've met with some recruiters and it all seems quite promising.

How do you check if a job is qualified as skilled?

Use a combination of these: the INZ skills checker, to see if the job counts as skilled, and the qualifications you need to match http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/, the ANZSCO description of the job (which the one you take on should match as fully as possible) - enter your job in the search box here http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....1?opendocument, and the INZ description of the requirements for a skilled job, SM7.10 and SM7.15 here. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....1?opendocument

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast