Thread: What happen if my child born after my visa approval.

Default What happen if my child born after my visa approval.

Hi Everyone,

I have finally submitted ITA with all required document i:e Medical for me and my wife, IQA, IPENZ etc.

Now, my wife is pregnant 19th week, and as per medical report she will deliver in 27 july-2016. if my child born before I travel to NZ which most likely will happen, what will I do>??

How to complete my child papersssss......Any ideas?

Hi Ozman,

I believe you should just focus on clearing your Visa process at this point in time. Once your visa is approved and your child takes birth in NZ, S/he will automatically get the same visa status as urs. Say Resident , u just need to get the birch certificate done and apply for passport once you got both you can apply for his her Visa stamping showing your and ur wife's Visa status.

Well I am no expert but I read it somewhere. Senior member of this group can confirm the same. Good luck with you Visa process

Also, have you informed INZ about it? and can I ask for your timelines please, just curious to know you are at which stage....I have mine in my signature

ozman 750, yes, make sure the CO knows about the expected birth.

Then, if the baby is born before all the processing of your visa is complete, get the birth registered and get him/her a passport. When these are sent to the CO, the baby will be added to your application and will receive residence along with you and your wife.

If the baby is born after you have received residence, you will still need to tell INZ of his/her birth, but in that case, you will take him/her with you to NZ on a visitor's visa, and once you arrive, you sponsor him/her for Residence as a dependent child under the family stream. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ld/default.htm

If the baby were to be born to Resident visa holder parents in NZ (which I see is not likely to happen in your case), s/he would have NZ citizen status from birth.

Quote Originally Posted by ozman750 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have finally submitted ITA with all required document i:e Medical for me and my wife, IQA, IPENZ etc.

Now, my wife is pregnant 19th week, and as per medical report she will deliver in 27 july-2016. if my child born before I travel to NZ which most likely will happen, what will I do>??

How to complete my child papersssss......Any ideas?
    simply if you provide baby's passport, birth certificate and medical to INZ before your visa labels are issued, the baby can be added to the application. Remember too, that you have 6 months from the time that your application is approved in principle to provide passports fro issue of visas. So you can control time frames.