Thread: Confused about two questions on partnership application 1198

Default Confused about two questions on partnership application 1198

Hi there, So the partnership form 1198 has changed slightly again and I was curious about the answers my partner should give to two of the questions on it, here are the details:

Question D3: Have you, or has anyone included in this application, ever been: excluded, refused entry or removed or deported from any country?
    My partner is Armenian and therefor not allowed into Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan does not allow any Armenian in as there is conflict between both countries, does this mean she has been "excluded" from a country and we should tick yes?

Question D4: Have you, or has anyone included in this application, ever been refused a visa/permit to visit, work, study or reside in any country?
    On my partners first NZ visa application she applied for a visitor visa, she was granted a limited visa as an alternative, our CO said at the top of her email that her "application has been approved for a limited visa" and the last sentence in the same email said "your application for a visitor visa has been declined as you do not meet bonafide requirements". So at the start she says our application has been approved, but in the same email she says our application has been declined.

I know the general vote is to tick yes and explain, but I have herd some stories of people ticking the wrong box and explaining anyway, but then being accused of providing "false or misleading information", so it would be great to hear other people thoughts and experiences if anyone can relate to this, especially the immigration advisors!

D3. No, your partner hasn't been PERSONALLY excluded, and that's what this question is referring to.

D4. You've said it yourself - tick yes and explain. If you say yes, nobody can seriously think you are being dishonest.

Hi David! I was once denied a visitor Visa to Australia as they considered that 3 months was too much time to go visit my family for Christmas. I was scared that this would affect my application in NZ as i've never been denied a visa before and traveled quite a lot. Still I think that being fully honest and explain your personal situation is the way to go. I selected the YES box and explained shortly why (as above) No further explanation needed so far. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by georginnes View Post
    Hi David! I was once denied a visitor Visa to Australia as they considered that 3 months was too much time to go visit my family for Christmas. I was scared that this would affect my application in NZ as i've never been denied a visa before and traveled quite a lot. Still I think that being fully honest and explain your personal situation is the way to go. I selected the YES box and explained shortly why (as above) No further explanation needed so far. good luck!
    Hi there, thank you for you answer, so I understand you are waiting for an answer on a NZ visa? what country are you from? Australia did not offer you a visitor visa for less time as an alternative?

All aside good luck with your application, let us know how it goes

Hey David! sent you a private message