Thread: Queries on residence application - dependent child category. Mom and Child are in native country and father in NZ

Default Queries on residence application - dependent child category. Mom and Child are in native country and father in NZ

Hello friends

I have series of questions on my child's residence application through dependent child category. Let me explain my scenario before I could post my queries.

We are family of four (Myself, wife and two daughters). Myself, my wife and elder one got residence visa stamped in our passports in the month of Dec 2015 before my wife gives birth to the younger one. We are blessed with second girl baby by end of Dec 2015. We informed to CO about new family member, her residence visa approach and he asked us to submit INZ 1000 application, once principal applicant (myself) activates the visa. Then I moved to NZ in Feb 2016 and right now, looking for job here. Still my family is in my native country. Since I activated my visa, think I can go ahead in submitting visa application now.

Now, my queries pls
    1. Though CO informed to submit INZ 1000, am not sure about the category which I need to apply for. I guess, it should be dependent child category.
    2. Who should be the principal applicant? Should it be me and then add my daughter in dependent child section or my daughter should be the principal applicant?
    3. Where can I submit my application, either in NZ or my native or directly send to CO?
    4. How long does it takes(in general for this category) to get visa stamped once we submit the application?
    5. Any other difficulties I may face?

Thanks and regards
    Your Friend

1. Yes.
    2. Fill the form in as if you were the daughter, then sign on her behalf as the parent at the end.
    3. Send to the INZ office which is responsible for the area she is living in. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...96DF2B84F2.htm So that could be in the native country, or in NZ, if your wife brought her in on a visitor's visa before doing the residence process for her.
    4. Google for "Immigration NZ (whatever) branch processing times", and you will see their own best guess.
    5. There's nothing in particular, as long as you make sure you include all the evidence required.

I recently applied residence for my daughter, she was physically present in NZ, we bought her on visitor visa. I applied in Wellington and got the visa in 2 weeks.

To answer your questions -

1. It should be dependent child category
    2. Your daughter will be primary applicant and you sign as parent, it is advisable both parents sign.
    3. If your daughter is still in India then it needs to be submitted in India.
    4. If all the documents are in place it should not take more than a month or so to get the visa
    5. You need to provide proof that you are physically residing in NZ. As per INZ website -

We must also see evidence that parents are actually residing in New Zealand, for example:
    correspondence addressed to you from New Zealand (including post marked envelopes)
    employment references
    rates demands
    income tax returns
    mortgage documents
    documents showing that household effects have been moved to New Zealand
    any other documents or evidence that proves they are actually living in New Zealand.

Question Same case by Visa not activated yet

Hi,

I have exactly the same case the only difference that I havn't activiated my Visa yet (I will go for landing with my family by first week November 2016).

Please advise if there is differences I should take care of while filling the form INZ 1000.

Regards,
    MH

Quote Originally Posted by mayur1980 View Post
    I recently applied residence for my daughter, she was physically present in NZ, we bought her on visitor visa. I applied in Wellington and got the visa in 2 weeks.

2. Your daughter will be primary applicant and you sign as parent, it is advisable both parents sign.
    4. If all the documents are in place it should not take more than a month or so to get the visa
    5. You need to provide proof that you are physically residing in NZ. As per INZ website -

We must also see evidence that parents are actually residing in New Zealand, for example:
    correspondence addressed to you from New Zealand (including post marked envelopes)
    employment references
    rates demands
    income tax returns
    mortgage documents
    any other documents or evidence that proves they are actually living in New Zealand.

Complete the INZ100 on behalf of your child, add passport,passport photos (E)medical details and birth certificate send it to your nearest INZ office. You don't need to have activated your visa.

Hey Mayur,

Not sure if you're still active on this website, but did you daughter receive resident visa with 2 year travel condition or a permanent resident visa?

Thanks,
    Sujal

Quote Originally Posted by mayur1980 View Post

employment references
    rates demands
    income tax returns
    mortgage documents

residence with two year travel condition, you need to apply for PR after successfully meeting the conditions after two year.

Quote Originally Posted by pss View Post
    Hey Mayur,

Not sure if you're still active on this website, but did you daughter receive resident visa with 2 year travel condition or a permanent resident visa?

Thanks,
    Sujal

Thanks for prompt response.