Thread: Visitor Visa under partnership

Default Visitor Visa under partnership

Hello Everyone

I was brought here while doing some research on visa applications.

I am really confused of what visa to go for at the moment and was hoping if anyone who has similar experience could give me some advise.

Here is the situation:

I am currently living and working in New Zealand holding a permanent residency for more than 10 years.

My gilrfriend who has never being here would like to come this year for a short visit (less than a month), she will officially come to live here next year after our wedding which is going to be set up in China.

We have being in relationship since 2010 while i was studying, i have visited her 3 times and lived approximately 3 month while i was back in China.

The evidence supporting our relationship we can provide now is
    • photos taken while living together in china, us and with her parents
    • supporting letters from friends and family
    • tickets of us travelling between towns together
    • my past airflight ticket as evidence i have gone back to visit her

since we are not married yet, i am missing marriage certificate and also we were not renting nor receiving any letters at the same address while living in China; therefore some of these evidence are absent.

Would these evidence be robust enough to support my current application (visitor visa under partnership)

If not what would be the alternative i could go for?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Does she have enough evidence to prove that she will return back to China once her visit here is finished? For example; Job, Property and such things?

Also interested in how she will officially come live here next year when you are married? Will you be living together beforehand in China? as it is not a straightforward move even if you are married

Quote Originally Posted by Nurrish View Post
    Does she have enough evidence to prove that she will return back to China once her visit here is finished? For example; Job, Property and such things?

Also interested in how she will officially come live here next year when you are married? Will you be living together beforehand in China? as it is not a straightforward move even if you are married
    Hey there

Thanks for the reply

Would a return ticket from her be alright? I can't go back since i am working here; i will be going back next year for about a month for the wedding event. she has to return because of the tradition that me and her should get married before coming, which the wedding is planned to be next year around January.

Correct me if i am wrong. I am assuming the visitor underpartnership visa last 12 month if it's approved and by that time it would be still be within the time frame. Otherwise i will need to re-apply visitor under partnership visa again.

I'm pretty sure 9 months is the longest visitor visa they can give under partnership...They are going to need more evidence for the reasons for her to leave NZ and return once her visit is complete. With the evidence you have i'd say its possible they would grant a visitor visa but it would be a punt.

What visa are you looking to apply for once you have married?

If you are not and have not lived together, then its unlikely that a visitor visa under the partnership category would be considered. If the visit is initially only for one month, then a normal visitor visa is appropriate. You will need to demonstate as incentive to return (family, employment, history of pat travel) and a return ticket is required in any case.

later, marriage certificates mean little , they are simply of paper. You may need to consider living with your wife in Chine, for a period of tyime in China after you are married.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurrish View Post
    I'm pretty sure 9 months is the longest visitor visa they can give under partnership...They are going to need more evidence for the reasons for her to leave NZ and return once her visit is complete. With the evidence you have i'd say its possible they would grant a visitor visa but it would be a punt.

What visa are you looking to apply for once you have married?
    I am planing to collect more evidence of us living together during her short visit here, (joint acc, bills etc), then potentially apply for work visa under partnership, if not visitor visa under partnership first then transition to work visa.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    If you are not and have not lived together, then its unlikely that a visitor visa under the partnership category would be considered. If the visit is initially only for one month, then a normal visitor visa is appropriate. You will need to demonstate as incentive to return (family, employment, history of pat travel) and a return ticket is required in any case.

later, marriage certificates mean little , they are simply of paper. You may need to consider living with your wife in Chine, for a period of tyime in China after you are married.
    Thank you for the suggestion.

We spent time together in China when i was back, i am lack a bit of proof as the situation didn't allow us to have evidence such as joint account or rental bills etc.

I am also considering normal visitor visa as an option, however, she is unemployed at the moment which could be a challenge to meet the visiting plan this year.

Hey There! I applied for a Partner work visa so i know how it is and all the documentation you would have to provide. In my case I am married and we've been together for two years. The marriage certificate as someone said above, really means nothing. We submitted 96 pages of evidence in total (not counting the application forms). I think that if during her visit in New Zealand you try to collect evidence such as Bills or joint bank account that will def prove that she's been her for the sole purpose of gathering evidence and that you guys haven't lived together at all. I am not sure what's the criteria cause i've heard all kind of stories but I wouldn't risk it as she may be considered not to be bonafide at the moment of being a visitor and could affect future applications.

If she is submitting the documentations at China, do they need to be translated to english?

Yes.