Thread: Temporary Partner Work Visa - Auckland CBD Branch - Processing times ??

Default Temporary Partner Work Visa - Auckland CBD Branch - Processing times ??

Hey there.
    Did anyone submit the Temporary Partner Work Visa (INZ 1198) at the Auckland CBD branch in the last month??

I've submitted mine the last days of February and it was confirmed as received on March 2nd as well as my Medicals on the same date.
    So far no news apart from getting an interim visa.
    No CO introduced, no further emails, no nothing. Usually and according to some posts here, that's a good sign.

I did notice more people at that branch during the last weeks or so, so obviously, there is more people in the country and applying to things.
    Usually this visa takes around 4-6 weeks to get processed but I was wondering if any of you submitted one lately as for me to know more or less the current processing times as the Immigration page for that branch clearly hasn't been updated since January.
    Thank you all!

Hey George, i wouldn't worry too much- i submitted my application 21 January- got accepted for processing 27 January and accepted for a visa 3rd February ... patience is key if there are any problems they will email you.

Quote Originally Posted by ORIO92 View Post
    Hey George, i wouldn't worry too much- i submitted my application 21 January- got accepted for processing 27 January and accepted for a visa 3rd February ... patience is key if there are any problems they will email you.
    Thanks @Orio92!! yeah...i'm quite of the anxious type hehe. Fingers crossed!

so was i ! i was checking every hour! I didnt get any emails from CO etc at all.. just an initial email asking for original police certificate

HEY GUYS, First of all thanks @ORIO92 for calming me down. It was such a relief to hear from someone I really was freaking out.

My visa was approved the same day I posted this thread so congrats to me! :P

My timeline:

Partner Work Visa applied: 2 March 2016 - Auckland CBD Branch ( Australian Sponsor which fits into NZ Resident Class Category)
    Medicals Received: 3 March 2016
    Interim Visa issued: 7 March 2016 (I was on Visa Waiver before)
    APPROVED: 9 March 2016

I will post my timeline later as I See that there are other couples in our same unusual situation.

wooohoo!

Hi all,

I am in a similar situation but almost two weeks and not news.

I sent my work visa base on partnership on 3rd March, Auckland branch. I received a call from immigration on Saturday 5th saying we didn't include my partner passport or birth certificate. So I emailed them a photo of my partner passport. Then the application was accepted and money was deducted from my bank account (Saturday 5th March). An interim visa was issued on 5 March.

Medicals received: 5 March
    Application Received at Branch 8 March.

Not answer so far and I am getting quite nervous. I have been in a relationship with my partner (NZ Citizen) for over 7 months and living together over 3 months.

Thanks all the comments I have read in this forum Ive been really careful to keep collecting evidence.

I enclosed the following docs:

Form 1198
    Form 1146
    Police certificate
    Letter of our relationship
    copy of Tenant form bond
    copies of Power & gas, water, Internet
    Joint Account statements 3 months
    copies correspondence addressed to our property individually
    9 Photos spending time together and family
    Evidence of contact (6 pages of screenshots from Facebook)
    Evidence public recognition of our relationship (Screenshots from Facebook)
    Hostel and activity booking confirmation

Should this information be enough?

Thanks.

Sorry - the site is messing me about!

andrenz, it looks as if you have done the right thing.

If the CO wants any more information, s/he will tell you. Otherwise, you probably won't hear anything until there is some news.

Hey ! I reckon you should be fine. We provided more evidence only because I was here on visa waiver for only 3 months and my husband is Australian so we wanted to also show proof of our commitment to NZ.

in my case I had no contact with any CO at all.

It should be fine. Just a bit more patience and probably you could start looking at jobs already to keep yourself busy.

Best of luck!