Thread: work visa based on partnership

Default work visa based on partnership

Hi to admin. I'd like to know if my partner can apply me a work visa based on partnership even though we cannot show proofs of living together? My partner is a resident and she's in Palmerston North, Northland while I'm on a 12 month work visa living in Wanaka,Southland. We are in a genuine and stable relationship. We met in the dating site EliteSingles early January and we had constant communications by then. I visited her in Palmy on Feb15 and that's when we became officially partners. She'll come and visit me this month. She's planning to apply me a work visa based on partnership by August this year that's 6 months genuine stable relationship. We cannot provide proof of living together because of the distance and we're both tied up with our jobs. If we provide joint bank account, our plane tickets visiting each other, love letters addressed to her, photos of together, FB messages. Will immigration be satisfied and approved my work visa?

unlikely unless you have very good evidence of your relationship, that you have been living together, and do live together when you can. You will need to show that you have combined your personal financial affairs.

We live together every time we visit one another on our days off. I started the visit on Feb15. We now do it monthly. We take turns but in limited days. And on May she'll be spending her 14 week annual leave here with me. I'll also spend my annual leave with her come July.
    We're signing up for joint life insurance, she'll include me in her tenancy agreement, we're having joint car insurance policy, open a joint savings account. We'll try to gather everything we have to prove that our relationship is genuine and stable even though we only live together once in a while. We can print out all our FB conversations without a single day miss and screenshots of our video call together. Is immigration still not satisfied with these evidences we'll provide?

Quote Originally Posted by gcapd View Post
    We live together every time we visit one another on our days off. I started the visit on Feb15. We now do it monthly. We take turns but in limited days. And on May she'll be spending her 14 week annual leave here with me. I'll also spend my annual leave with her come July.
    We're signing up for joint life insurance, she'll include me in her tenancy agreement, we're having joint car insurance policy, open a joint savings account. We'll try to gather everything we have to prove that our relationship is genuine and stable even though we only live together once in a while. We can print out all our FB conversations without a single day miss and screenshots of our video call together. Is immigration still not satisfied with these evidences we'll provide?
    14 weeks spent living together should be fine as long as you can prove it very well and apply towards the end of the 14 weeks spent living together, its best to apply while you are still living together, combine all of that evidence you said you have with proof of living together 12-13 weeks and it would be worth a try i belive

Hi David thanks. 14 days of annual leave I should say

Quote Originally Posted by gcapd View Post
    Hi David thanks. 14 days of annual leave I should say
    Oh I see, I know living together for at least 2-3 months prior and during the application is usually quite necessary you may need to find a way you and your partner can live together for about 8 weeks in the lead up to the application, and of course you would need strong evidence of the living together.