Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which folder should I use?

Default Which folder should I use?

Hi All,

My partner and I have been preparing a partnership visa application and have a lot of evidence to show. At first I was putting everything in clear plastic pockets and into a ring binder folder, but i have recently found out (from this forum) that this is not an ideal way to prepare an application for INZ, so I have been looking at alternative things to put our evidence in to send to immigration.

I am currently deciding between 3 options, one option is an expanding desktop file with colored tabs which works like an accordion, the next option is a bit the same but with a lid that goes over the top and clips down, and the other option is a plastic envelope big enough to hold all of the papers (if i can find one big enough). I have attached pictures of all three types of folders I am thinking of using, if people out there (especially the experts) could tell me the best thing to put our evidence in that would be greatly appreciated as I am loosing my mind over this lol

*** Note, the third image is a lot small and just to the right of the second picture

20160310_185111.jpg20160310_195104.jpgwallet.jpg

We are also sending our application soon and it's really really thick that even the Palmy branch's envelopes cannot contain.
    Did you use the folders you posted here?

INZ don't like any of these and prefer that nothing is bound or stapled (makes copying easier) Just put it all in a large "Tuffy"/plastic envelope and if you have to clip sections together with a "buldog clip", or even string. I normally keep the realtionship evidence separate from papers relating to application itself.

Including a timeline is useful and relating to documentation is good, eg. First met at (place) (date); see photo.......moved in together (date ); see tenancy agreement.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 13th July 2016 at 05:49 PM.

Hi ChrisMwn. Thanks for the advice. What exactly I did is i wrote an OUTLINE OF LOVE STORY then inserting the words "please see photos with notes at back, our personal bank statements together, our joint bank account, letter from the Landlord etc.). I do have 429 back and front printed copies of our conversations through the FB messenger and highlighted all I love yous, good nightd, good mornings, and all sweet words we can highlight in ENGLISH because most of the conversations are in our own language.
    I also have an outline of PURCHASES and PAYMENTS wth receipts on them.

With the staples you mention, I think I have 5 thick group of documents stapled. With the clips, I clipped our 429 pages conversation dividing them into 3 group of papers from January-February, March-April, and May and so with our call logs and text history in our mobile.

So you mean I would rather use clips that staples?

hello, as for me, I put it on 2 envelop that fit a A4 size paper. First envelop for the application forms only and the second is for all the evidences. In the 2nd envelop I made a summary letter of the documents that are inside it, then arrange in chronological order base on my summary letter. And if that's not enough I will have a 3rd one

Quote Originally Posted by Amy35 View Post
    hello, as for me, I put it on 2 envelop that fit a A4 size paper. First envelop for the application forms only and the second is for all the evidences. In the 2nd envelop I made a summary letter of the documents that are inside it, then arrange in chronological order base on my summary letter. And if that's not enough I will have a 3rd one
    Hi Amy35. I am afraid all our documents will fit in 2 envelops. Hahahaha. We only have two application forms so it's not that so thick. The problem with separating them into several envelopes is that INZ may as human nature inadvertently misplace some of the files you sent through when if you place them all in a large TUFFY plastic envelope as what ChrisMwn advised us it would be better.

Have you lodged your application now?

Hi there,

We used the first one pictured, the white one which folds out like an accordion. I understand it is not recommended and I am not even sure if they kept everything in it or not (I can not remember if they returned that folder or not).
    But as for your 400+ pages of conversations I would never send that much in, it must be a huge stack of paper and I doubt if anyone would read it all, it would take days, not worth it for one category of evidence

Yes I agree. Way too much information which would never be read> INZ really only look at whats there, not whats in it. ideally 8-10 pieces of paper covering as manu of the areas they suggest, joing finances, joint travel, communication, household bills etc etc etc. They want to see information from when the relationship began, from when you started living together, and from "now"

Ooopppsss! I am sorry but everything is in file now ready to be submitted tomorrow. I have Summary of Contents 45 items in it. We would just like to give everything we could produce to CO so we can support our claim as strong as we can. We were declined before and we don't want it to happen again just because we haven't provided much.

Thank you for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by gcapd View Post
    Ooopppsss! I am sorry but everything is in file now ready to be submitted tomorrow. I have Summary of Contents 45 items in it. We would just like to give everything we could produce to CO so we can support our claim as strong as we can. We were declined before and we don't want it to happen again just because we haven't provided much.

Thank you for the advice.
    Best of luck, but if I were you I would be taking out a LOT of those conversation pages before submitting. Its not the quantity of 1 piece of evidence which adds a lot of persuasion to an application decision, its about providing a lot of different types of evidence as you can, especially financial dependence on each other and living together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast