Thread: Temporary visa options while waiting for EOI

Default Temporary visa options while waiting for EOI

I have just submitted an EOI for Skilled Migrant class visa with no job offer. If I receive a job offer in the meantime, what is the best temporary work visa I can apply for so that I can start working? How long does this temporary visa application take usually?

I am not living in NZ right now.

Thanks!

Are you eligible for a Working Holiday Visa? Or if you receive a job offer and have added that to your application, you can be granted a esential skills work visa.

Too old now for the WHV. Is Essential Skills visa the fastest temporary visa to get? What kind of timeframe does processing it take?

if you are onshore, possibly 2-3 weeks?

As well as a job offer letter, what documents does the employer need to provide in applying for the Essential Skills temp visa?

See the INZ website, which has a huge amount of information, and a Search facility. Follow up the links on this page http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ntialwork.htm/ for the answers to your immediate concerns.

We done the same route. We had the visa approved for the main applicant in 5 days. The second applicant was on partnership and can't be online. It took 7 days till the passport was back. We waited on the first one before submitting the second one.

From memory tho it's quicker and simpler to wait to you have submitted your ITA. You have all the same paperwork and assessments and Medicals. It's a specific option to tick if you have a SMC application in.