Thread: Immigration

Question Immigration

Hi there,
    I m in desperate need for some advice in regards to my husbands visa. He was in NZ when he applied for a job search visa but he made a silly mistake by altering the visa interim from visiting to working conditions to save his job.
    He was asked to go back to his country and apply from off-shore. We have already applied two time and they declined it saying we don't live together.
    How m i meant to live with him if he lives overseas and I live in Nz , work and study here. I did visit him to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary.
    Now my immigration advisor also reckons that next application would be declined on character basis.
    but is there a way that of this situation.

Can a person be punished whole of his life for silly mistake ?

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43627.htm A5.45 b applies here. But as you will see, this is the page about offences where a character waiver CAN be granted. His case might come under A5.45.1 a iii, IF you can make a good case for sponsoring him as your partner. To do that, you will have to show solid evidence of partnership (see old threads for ideas and explanations https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof), which, to INZ, means living together - for a minimum of around three months for the partner-sponsored temporary work visa. It sounds as though you are going to need to find some way of living together again, in some country where you are both allowed to be, to collect more evidence.

Thank you

What do you mean by "altering the visa interim from visiting to working conditions to save his job."?
    He got an interim visa to wait for his open job search visa. The interim visa is "visitor condition". And he still keeps working at his job while on that interim period?
    An interim visa is just a letter, there is no label. How can he alter that letter?