Thread: The category 'University lecturer' in Immediate Short list . . .

Default The category 'University lecturer' in Immediate Short list . . .

Hi,

Now, I am following a PhD in NZ & I was (still I am in full-pay study leave) a University Lecturer (from Apr 2007) in my home country.
    I was taken three years for study leave (2 years in full-pay + 1 year in no-pay) for my MSc (full time) in Canada (not did any part-time work).

I am hoping to apply as 'University lecturer' under the skilled migrant category. So, I need to clarify what is my working experience.
    Is it the time period from Apr 2007 to present or the time period without study leave.

When I check in the "Point indicator" I can apply as a 'University lecturer' in the areas of 'absolute skills shortage'.

But when I am completing the 'EOI' there was not a category as a 'University lecturer'. Why is it? So, what I can do?

thanks

The points indicator can be misleading. Looking here http://skillshortages.immigration.go...sity-lecturer/ I see that University Lecturer is on the List of Skilled Occupations, and on the Immediate Skill Shortage List. The ISSL means that, if offered a job in certain areas, you could be granted an Essential Skills temporary work visa. Being on the list of Skilled Occupations means that, if you had a job offer, you could use the points from that as part of an application for residence under SMC. However, since the job is NOT on the Long Term Skill Shortage List, you CANNOT apply for residence unless and until you get a job offer.

Thank you very much and I got the idea.