Thread: Photocopies of documents... Please help!

Default Photocopies of documents... Please help!

Hi there

We submitted our partnership visa under the family category 2 weeks ago and in our application we provided a lot of originals that they could keep, therefore we didn't provide photocopies of these. We outlined in the cover letter what documents we needed to be returned and provided photocopies and they rest they could keep. e.g. we sent in originals of bank statements which we did not need back.

We got notification that we needed to go and collect some documents so my partner collected them today and they returned ALL our originals, even the ones we said they could keep and didn't provide photocopies of... My partner didn't ask any questions and just collected them...

My questions is.. would they have photocopied all our originals themselves or assumed that we had done it? If they had not photocopied our originals we will seriously be missing a lot of the required documents...

Slightly worried :/

TIA

Yes

Thank you. They returned all our relationship evidence as well as photos before it's even been assigned a case officer and now our online status says "Your application/decision was sent by courier/post to your nominated address on"

Does that mean they've already decided? It's only been 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by nicolenz View Post
    Thank you. They returned all our relationship evidence as well as photos before it's even been assigned a case officer and now our online status says "Your application/decision was sent by courier/post to your nominated address on"

Does that mean they've already decided? It's only been 2 weeks
    Hi Nicole,

Yes - They have made all the copies of the original and the decision they have sent means they have return the original documents.

It's a generic format they put in their website. I was bit worried when this happened to me and then immigration officer clarified that to me.

All the best

Thank you!