Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accredited employer Work Visa applicaton while visitor renewal

Default Accredited employer Work Visa applicaton while visitor renewal

Hi everyone!

I have a lot of questions concerning Work visa applications for NZ. It's been hard handling it (as many of you I suppose)
    I would like to know if someone had the same situation as me.

I came to NZ with a visitor visa (3 months finishing 22nd feb) and I applyed for an extension for an extra 6 months. So 9 months in total.
    Once I applyed, 1 week later I got a job offer from an accredited employer, skill employment, over 55 000 etc etc which is great!! and I signed.
    I've been waiting for the answer of the visitor extension, so I can change it and apply for the work visa. But it takes ages ,!!!!! its been 1 month now because medical results where sent to assement.
    What can I do ??
    I sent everything but I would like to know if there is another way to start applying with the work visa ? Time is clicking and my employer will maybe loose patience!
    How much time a work visa will take ?
    Knowing that the medical is the longest part and its done. It will go faster ?
    I only have 2 weeks left for start the job
    I am in a complete stress

Thanks

Sorry, I might be completely on the wrong path here, but why don't you apply for a work visa straight away.., I don't think that you can 'change' the visitor visa into a work one?

Thanks for your answer Renate,
    Actually I've got the job offer after I applied for the visitor visa extension. And now I am stocked waiting for the answer of the visitor and one I will know the answer, I'll be able to apply for a work visa.
    Unless you know another why to start the work visa????

I think you should put this question to INZ. I know you're being very correct, thinking that you're not supposed to apply for a visa while in NZ without being covered by an existing visa. But within INZ, they may know that you are already granted the visitor visa extension and it is just waiting for the paperwork to be issued.

This is the kind of question that would puzzle the telephone answerers, who only work from the computer database, so if you phone, it would probably be a good idea to ask to speak to a supervisor, in order to get to go through the matter with someone who has the training to work cases.

Hello JandM!! Thank you for your quick answer

Yes, I thought about going tomorrow (first hour in the morning) to INZ desk to ask all my questions. But I was a little bit scared about asking if my visitor extension is done, so I can apply then for a work visa (accredited employer) as they might not appreciate people changing their mind in matter of visitor-work.
    Do you think it is possible to talk in person with a supervisor and tell him what happened in my case ?? without being juged about my changing decision.

As I wrote before, I applied for this extension whithout knowing that I will have a job offer just after. And as it is a great career opportunity for me, I accepted the job.
    I just don't want to do things wrong with immigration and make them as quick and smooth as possible for me and for my employer who is patient for the moment.

I got all papers required for the work visa (accredited empl) police certificate, General medical report (which is good - Doctor said, and I have clean results)
    And as far as I know INZ are about to asses my health condition (Xray) with a medical assesor
    I just want to know the answer to start quick my work application, because I have only 2 weeks left to start the job.

If I have all papers + medical assesed, would you think a work visa (accredited employer) with take how much time ?

1000 thanks that forums like this exist !!

I forgot to mention that it is the 2nd X-ray INZ ask me. The fisrt one I gave them the 12 feb with my application, and there was a note saying as follows :
    The heart, mediastinum and pleural cavities are clear. There is a 6.2 mm density is seen to be overlying the anterior end of the left sixth rib, and it could either be in the lungs are could be related to the ribs as a bony island. Additional lordotic view would be useful to see if this is located within the ribs or whether it is a lung nodule.
    The remaining lungs are clear. No evidence of old or active pulmonary TB is seen.

The radiologist did a second X-ray view and attached it to my case yesterday. She told me, everything was normal in this one.
    Now I think INZ got all the info they need to clear the health stage. I hope for next days.. ?

Yes, you can ask in the office to talk about your situation with a supervisor (or someone else with the knowledge). You don't need to worry about being judged - people's situations change all the time, and INZ will have heard far stranger questions than yours!

I'm not thinking you should ask only, 'Is my visitor visa extension ready yet?' The more important question is, 'Am I allowed to put in for my work visa now, while I'm still waiting for my visitor visa extension to be issued?'

You have said about having '2 weeks to start the job' but actually, this can't be set in that way. The employer must know that you have to get a work visa, and he can't start you working until it is granted, or he would be in breach of the law, just as you would if you went in and began. You are BOTH dependent on INZ, and waiting for them. Ideally, he would like you to start then, but you yourself cannot make this happen, or be blamed if it doesn't.

Look on the processing times page for the INZ branch where you have to send your application, and you will see their latest estimate for how long the visa may take. It should help that the second X-ray has already been done and is available for the new application.

YEsss I will be there tomorrow morning asking for a supervisor or someone who can give me advice!! Thanks for your support JandM, I was very upset being in this position, but you just make me feel better

I know that we both (employer and me) have to wait INZ decision, and we will.
    Is just that is being a month since I've signed (22nd feb), and the only thing I was able to do meanwhile, was to gather the necessary papers for the work visa without applying for it, because I am waiting for the visitor.
    Anyway, my employer already change once my starting date from the 7march to 28 march, but I think he will have to change it again because I dont think the visa will be ready for that time (considering time left) =/

My employer is accredited and the position he is offering me is (User Experience Designer - Multimedia designer) which is not exactly the same title as in the LTSSL but a combination between Multimedia designer and software tester.
    What does INZ consider in first place ? the job coming from an accredited employer or the exact skilled job title?
    Just to be sure I will apply the right visa

Nobody can be angry at you for asking for information - you have every right to do that, so hold your head high!

As the employer is accredited, and he has decided he wants to employ you, they won't be looking at the LTSSL list. That's a different criterion for granting an Essential Skills visa. (In any case, if you do have to refer to that list ever, it's not the job title that matters - it's the work to be done.)

Thanks a lot!
    I've got some good information at INZ.
    I will post what happens next, so that others can know in case they are in a similar situation.
    See you guys!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast