Thread: Character Issues on SMC Application

Default Character Issues on SMC Application

Hi,

I am the principal applicant under the smc and while i was filling out the eoi form i failed to declare that my husband has had traffic offenses in the last five years (speeding ticket). I did not change this in my ITA either as i did not think it was a "conviction".

However, once my co started processing my application and requested for additional documents i did send her an email telling her that I am not sure if receiving a speeding ticket would be classed as an conviction or not. I did tick that he has not committed any offenses and I may have made a mistake by doing this.

Question .. will she accuse me of providing misleading information ? If she does say that i provided her with misleading or incorrect information (which it was a total mistake on my part) what consequences will that have on my application ?

I have been waiting for a few months .. why is there a long wait for applications with character issues like having a speeding ticket,etc ?

see my previous posts. Technically "speeding tickets" are "infringements", not "offences". There are no convictions, just "paid infringements". Your case officer may not necessarily understand these technicalities, but I doubt that it will cause a major issue and you cant be accused of providing false or misleading information. I also doubt the length of your wait has anything to do with the speeding infringement issue.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 19th March 2016 at 11:11 AM.

Just about ALL applications for residence under SMC take many months. The waiting time seems long to everyone.