Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woohoo ITA papers finally in...how long until it's 'lodged'?

Question Woohoo ITA papers finally in...how long until it's 'lodged'?

So I put my papers in the box today (still seems weird putting stuff in a folder and shoving it in an unmanned box...).

We included our passports, but I later found out from a colleague that you can use JP-signed copies. Will INZ give us back our passports once they've checked them, or are we going to be without them for the entire processing time?

For previous visas, I always knew once they'd received my papers because I could log into the INZ website and see they were 'lodged'. Is that the same with ITA? If so, when can I expect to see that, and know my documents are all safe?

Pretty excited and nervous at the same time, as I know that getting through the EOI stage is no guarantee that your $2500 is well spent and will get you residency! I'm assuming that if they did turn us down then that would be lost money?

Also, if you have claimed points in EOI, but then they don't accept your evidence and deny you those points, I assume you just lose the points rather than having to re-do the whole application? e.g. if I have claimed for 2 years' work experience, and they only accept my evidence for one, I assume I just lose those 5 points but they continue with my SMC (as long as I still have over the 100 EOI points)?

Thankssssssss!!!

expect formal acknowledgment of acceptance of your application and return of your original documents in 7-14 working days. Yes, your application will be assessed and so long as you retain more points than you needed to be selected from the pool, and other requirements, then the application will continue. (if its not NZ work experience then points are only awarded for 2years plus, 4 years plus , etc. You wont get 5 points for 1 year non NZ experience. They'll PPI you first.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 21st March 2016 at 07:16 PM.

You can ask them to send back your passports once they have seen and verified them. In that case, of course, you would have to send them back at the end when processing is complete, to get the visa labels stuck in.

Thanks, both!! I'll stop refreshing the INZ log in page, then, and will try to wait patiently for some kind of e-mail!! Once they get in touch, i'll see if we can get back the passports for the majority of the processing. Thank you both for being responsive and reliable as always!!!

It's now 'lodged' on the online services bit of the website, along with 'full medical received' and today's date ))) (even though the medicals were from last year). My partner's account is also updated!

Hi guys,

I've sent my ITA last week but I've just noticed that I filled something wrong. Should I let them know and ask the papers back so I can fix it?

Thanks

In the first instance, write in to INZ, to the same place you sent your ITA, giving all your details and any reference number you may have received, and just TELL them what the mistake is that you have found, with the correct information. That may be enough, or they may send you a printout of the relevant page of the ITA and want you to fill it in on that.

Hi JandM,

Thanks for your answer. Currently the application status is Pending. Do you think that it's a good idea to send the letter to INZ now or wait until I the CO is assigned? By mistake I selected No for the question T2 - Do you have other family members who are not included in this application? at section Principal Applicant’s Other Family. So now I have to tell them that Yes I have a family (parents).

There is no way to tell exactly when a CO will have your case allocated to work on, so it's better to send the information straight away, then everything will be correct for whenever s/he starts processing it.

Thanks JandM,

Should I send anything else? Documents?

Header:

My name
    EOI Number: XXX
    Application Number (ITA): XXX
    Passport Number: XXX
    emails
    phone number

Info enough?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast