Thread: Approximate Cost of Log Burner and Installation

Default Approximate Cost of Log Burner and Installation

Hi All,

We've recently bought a home and it has a lovely open plan aspect and vaulted ceilings that would seem well suited to heating via a Log Stove.

I know that a Heat Pump would be more efficient (I presume) but I have always really wanted a log stove.

Would anyone know the approximate cost to install a Log Burner. I know a lot depends on the stove price but it was more the cost of installation (and any approvals required) that I was trying to get s feel for.

Any information appreciated.

Dave

Depends where you live. The regulations in town can be quite different from a rural setting. Cost of installation would really depend on the building - how easy to add the chimney through the roof. By the time you've built a hearth, bought a chimney and installed through the roof I would guess a couple of thousand at least, plus cost of the stove.

Thanks Mylesdw,

We live near Auckland but there are homes with log stoves in the street. I think we need an 'approved stove' which seem to start around the $1,300 mark. Installation should be quite straightforward as we don't have ceilings in that part of the house, so the chimney tube could go straight up and out of the metal roof.

Quote Originally Posted by mylesdw View Post
    Depends where you live. The regulations in town can be quite different from a rural setting. Cost of installation would really depend on the building - how easy to add the chimney through the roof. By the time you've built a hearth, bought a chimney and installed through the roof I would guess a couple of thousand at least, plus cost of the stove.