Thread: Just about to apply for partnership...

Default Just about to apply for partnership...

Hi guys,

My partner is about to apply for a partnership based work visa from the Moscow branch, she was granted a limited visa for 4.5 months when she applied for a visitor visa to be with me to meet the living together requirements of a partnership visa and now that 4.5 months is up today so she has just boarded her flight home while I wait in NZ.

I would like to say what we have provided as evidence for the application and see what peoples opinions are of how we have done, also if anyone else has experience with the Moscow branch apply for partnership feel free to share it with me

We have supplied:

1, Cover letter explaining that this is a partnership based visa application inside.
    2, An index explaining what is in each tab of the folder type thing we sent the papers in.
    3, Cover letter from principle applicant along with application form and E-Medical.
    4, Cover letter from the supporting partner (me).
    5, Form for supporting partners 1146, along with a letter from my boss saying i have worked there for 10 years along with a pay slip from 2008 and one from two weeks ago to show I still work there and have done for a long time, so they know NZ is my permanent place of residence.
    6, A letter from my boss saying I could not take time ff work at this time of year, so there is a good reason my partner and I are not living together at the time of application, (she had to leave just before her visa expired and I have to stay at work).
    7, Certified copy of supporting partners passport, (not sure if that's required but thought I would supply it anyway).
    8, Relationship timeline.
    9, A print out of possible evidence from the immigration website and typed underneath each piece we have told what we have supplied to cover that area.
    10, Printed conversations and skype history from when we first meet online, then a Facebook screen shot of us announcing our relationship 18 months later.
    11, Invoices from the flowers I sent my partner every month for 18 months from when we became partners until she arrived in NZ to me.
    12, Evidence of the time I spent with my partner in her home country for three weeks which was the first time we met in reality.
    13, Email correspondence with our first immigration officer for the limited visa, which shows we were honest about our relationship right from the first vis application.
    14, Evidence we keep talking to each other after I came home to NZ until my partner arrived to me in NZ.
    15, Many Facebook print outs from the 4.5 months we spent together in NZ.
    16, Screen shots of us talking to each other on Facebook about getting house work done.
    17, Receipts for a few things we have bought together for the house and for our garden, along with a statement from our joint account showing it was paid for from our joint account.
    18, Many photos of us together spanning across our 4.5 months together.
    19, Paperwork confirming we hold a joint internet account, joint electricity account, joint contents insurance and joint car insurance and a joint bank account.
    20, Joint invites, joint accommodation bookings, joint Xmas cards, an email from a friend thanking us for attending her new years party.
    21, Tickets to random things such as the zoo, comedian show, movies, mini golf, and a festival, along with a photo of us with these tickets.
    22, My partners name as emergency contact on my passport.
    23, A photo of both of us holding each other valentines day gifts.
    24, A photo of my partner painting our balcony with a receipt for paint showing it was paid for from our joint account.
    25, About 10 supporting letters from friends and family.
    26, 60 Letters mailed to us individually and separately including invoices and personal mail along with envelopes.

The visa was quite big and weighed about 2.5kg, I'm not sure if that is normal or not?? I know its impossible for anyone to me us our chances but it would be great to hear what people think, or if there is anything else they could suggest we add that would be even better, bearing in mind that my partner has just left the country today so we are no long physically together, but of course our relationship is still going and we will take Facebook screen shots of our messages to each other while we apart and she will spend from our joint account while she is overseas, hopefully this will be enough evidence we are still together should they ask for it

no one on the forum can tell you if that is going to be enough evidence to satisfy the case officer but looks like you have plenty i think i had less for my residence application but did have more official evidence like from government bodies and companies so the only thing you can do is wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by ice View Post
    no one on the forum can tell you if that is going to be enough evidence to satisfy the case officer but looks like you have plenty i think i had less for my residence application but did have more official evidence like from government bodies and companies so the only thing you can do is wait and see
    Thanks for the answer, I know no one will be able to tell me my chances, I was more looking at weather people who have applied for a partnership visa before consider this a good amount of evidence. What do you mean by official evidence from goverment bodies? My partner and I have plenty of joint bills and she has other random letters also such as hey loyalty cards posted to her, and letters from the bank etc, is that what you meant?

Exactly I pretty much only provided things from big companies and the government like tax return statements ,police certificates , drivers license with the same address . and from the time we were living in germany registration with the town for both of us and car insurance in both our names. boarding passes for travel together and pictures with it , rugby world cup tickets with both names etc ..
    it is probably different for you but at the time i had been living together for 14 months with my partner so we only really provided one piece of evidence for every month or so but looks like you have a lot so thats good better more then less