Thread: SMC - Principal Applicant

Default SMC - Principal Applicant

Please guide on below queries;
    For a permanent resident visa, only the principal applicant or the dependents (part of same application) are also required to stay in NZ for 184 days or more in each of the 12 months portions of the 24 months of resident visa.

Does it require to have a job in skilled profession under SMC at the time of permanent residence application. Ref to Section D of PRV application form INZ1175, applicant has to meet any one of the five commitments to NZ. There are no conditions on my resident visa except travel conditions.

that's it, ony the principal applicant spending 184 days in NZ, in each of the two twelve month periods preceding the date of application for PRV, will get a PRV for all included in the application (provided they themselves have made an arrival in NZ on their resident visa. There's no requirement to have been employed.(other than satisfying and Section 49 conditions, or having provided an offer of employment that was genuine, if that was part of the application.)

Hi Chris

You've piqued my curiosity now....

Does this situation (principal applicant has some dependants) apply also to the case of a partnership residency case? Eg application is made for a partnership visa by potential new partner and this application includes some dependant children. Assuming its successful partner gets temporary work visa (and thus dependants can work if they want to). Children then leave to go abroad (travel / study / OE ) but new partner stays for 2 years and applies for PRV in their own right. At this point do the dependant children get PRV as well?

Hopefully this makes my question clear!

TIA

Thanks to valuable inputs. Further to above queries, please advise if the requirement of 184 days stay in each 12 months period has to be in one stretch or it may split as per one's need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner1 View Post
    Thanks to valuable inputs. Further to above queries, please advise if the requirement of 184 days stay in each 12 months period has to be in one stretch or it may split as per one's need.
    The 184 days is a TOTAL only, and doesn't need to be all in one stretch.

AdrianT, exactly the same conditions for getting PR apply, however the Resident qualified for their Residence in the first place. Once the principal applicant satisfies the conditions, all applicants receive residence.

Hi JandM,

Your views / posts are really strong and legit. I've a small request if you are able to comment on my query please ?

I would really appreciate it.

Thnx

If this is something you don't want to put on an open thread, wait until you have done five posts, then the forum will automatically (after twenty minutes or so) switch on your ability to use the site's Private Messaging service.

Sorry about that. I've not been here before.
    But ill take care of this going forward.

No need to apologise.