Thread: EOI when to lodge?

Default EOI when to lodge?

Hi,
    I currently have a work holiday visa and received a job offer in my field and signed a job employee agreement online. I have not activate my working holiday visa yet and I am still in Canada. I know it is an evisa for now until I reach the border to get a visa affixed on my passport. I intend to immigrate via the skilled migrant category. Is it ok to lodge the EOI online now or will that give me troubles when I arrive In NZ? I asked because the main purpose of the working holiday visa is holiday with work comes secondary. If I lodged my EOI and the border officers saw that I have an EOI lodged, will they send me the next flight home?

People have a problem if they try to go in as a visa-waiver visitor, having previously lodged an EOI, but I don't think it would be so awkward for the holder of a WHV. (The Immigration officials at the airport of arrival are looking out for people likely to be potential overstayers and illegal workers in the country if their application for residence failed - at least the WHV holder wouldn't immediately be an illegal worker.) On the other hand, is there any special reason why you couldn't just wait to lodge the EOI till you get to NZ, and avoid any controversy?

I'm not leaving for another two months and I believe if I lodge from Canada it gets sent to London branch. From what I'd gathered from here they process faster there?

But it wouldn't stay at London branch. As soon as someone notifies INZ that they have moved (which you are legally bound to do, and anyway, of course you want to get any communications), their file is transferred to the INZ office covering the place they have moved to.

You could with an EOI lodged and selected apply for a work visa? There wouldn't be any labour market issues if the job is skilled and included in your EOI. That would overcome any border issues. ( although if you are genuine I doubt that would be the case)

Hi all, I will lodge my EOI once I'm there. There is no hurry, 23 months is a long time, if everything goes smoothly! And no restrictions on same employer (can work 23 months straight with same employer)

I will update my timeline once it is settled