Thread: Differences in My Names - Apply PR under SMC

Default Differences in My Names - Apply PR under SMC

Hi,

I'm planning to migrate to NZ under SMC.
    I'm going to apply NZQ assessment next week but there is differences in my name so need to clarify affect of that before proceed further.

I have same name in my passport and all of my certificates including marriage certificate but there is a long family name part at the beginning of this name which is not included in all the certificates as well as my passport but that long name included in my birth certificate.
    Moreover, this long name is the name which included in to "Father's Name " column of my children's birth certificate.

So I want to know how to proceed with this challenge.

1. Is it enough to provide the simple Affidavit certified by local lawyer to certify two names refer to one and the same person ?
    2. If that is enough, do I need to submit that Affidavit to NZQ ? ( I believe NOT for NZQ but YES for EOI, because my passport and all the certificates has the same short name without long family name part)
    3. If simple Affidavit is not enough, what else do I need and what path should I follow ?

Your comments are highly appreciated

/TVR

Here are some old threads about mismatches in identity documents which may help. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...th+certificate

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Here are some old threads about mismatches in identity documents which may help. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...th+certificate
    Thanks for this info