Thread: Applying for work permit-help ?

Default Applying for work permit-help ?

Hi

My partner will be applying for his work permit next month.His employer is supporting him.He will be applying on supervisor position and works in security firm.What should he put in his contract in jobs/responsibilities ? I guess that is the main area immigration pays attention to while granting a work visa.He has done his level 7 in Business management from Ntec College.Any suggestions are welcome,

Cheers

But is his work mainly about security, or mainly about business management? Have you looked at ANZSCO, to find a description that sounds like his particular responsibilities?

I was quite surprised to hear that your partner is going for a work visa. I remember that you yourself got a work visa, so I thought his next move might have been to get a partner-sponsored work visa.

Hi JandM

Sadly his work is all about security.Yes I have looked at ANZSCO website and security consultant is the nearest job description that I could find relating to what he actually does ,but is not related to his studies.His employer is quite happy to give him a 'supervior' position but I did not find anything on the ANZSCO website about it .Hence the query.

Haha yes I did get my work visa dependent on him.He is the main applicant That was our plan initially but I could not secure any skilled job.

What sort of work visa is he going for? Essential Skills? Because Security Consultant isn't on the Essential Skills in Demand list, so the employer would have to prove the labour market test for that (no available NZer or NZ resident).

Is the employer accredited? If so, they might be able to support him for WTR.