Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding processing time

Default Regarding processing time

Hi , I got study visa in level 8 IT study and landed new Zealand on 29th February. My agent who is IAA applied my wife's case on 7th March and on 10th March we received email that medical is forwarded to medical assessor for assessment, also CO wanted PCC from passport office. Luckily wife's medical was approved on 18th March and we submitted PCC on 20th March. So, my question is How much time will CO take for decision.?

As long as it takes. Sorry - there is no set time, and no way to tell what will happen with an individual case.

Some say that if they have asked for PCC then there is chance that decision will be positive. What do you think?

Asking for a PCC from the passport office is necessary in EVERY case of an Indian passport holder applying to migrate to certain countries, so it's no sign of anything in particular. Sorry. (There are various amazing and untrue tales around of what "somebody said" to people with a visa application in. It seems to be a whole folklore or series of omens!)

Is it true that CO reviews whole application and then demands missing information or on other hand while reviewing file if something comes incomplete the CO demands that paper and put the file in pending case? Which part is more true reviewing whole file first then demanding missing information or going one by one? Please replu

Every CO has an allocation of cases to deal with, and works them in rotation. That means s/he takes the first file and does all the work that s/he can at that time, which might include sending questions to third parties (e.g. to the university, to see if it is true that person attended there on the course they said), or might include asking the applicant for an extra document. When s/he can do nothing more till those replies have come in, s/he puts that file to the back, and goes to the next file. S/He does everything s/he can with that file, then it goes to the back, and so on and so on.

As replies come in, they are added to each person's file, wherever it is now sitting in the rotating queue. The CO will not see the reply until that file has worked its way to the front once more, and gets its next turn for his/her attention. Again, s/he will do everything s/he can at that time - ticking off that something has been verified, or sending out another question - before again putting it to the back. This process goes on and on until the day comes when all the replies are back and all the evidence has been verified. When the CO sees that, then s/he will be ready to ask the applicant to fix a time for the interview.

The CO interview happens for all applicants who do not yet have the offer of a skilled job in NZ. I have just described the outcomes on another thread - see here. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....572#post533572 Here is the thread about the questions to be expected at interview. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27398

Thanks for reply, I think these interview questions are for skilled migrant visa but mine is temporary partnership visa...

Oh, I see. Then, no, you won't have that kind of interview. INZ COs have the right, though, to interview anyone about anything, if it seems to them to be the best way of finding out the truth about something. People applying for partner-sponsored visas do sometimes get interviewed, usually separately if it happens, by officials checking that it is a genuine partnership. They ask questions such as how the couple met, each other's favourite food, the names of the other person's family etc., etc. - things that are really easy for people who really are living together, but which would catch out strangers pretending to be a couple to try to get a visa fraudulently.

Thanks jandM . We have relationship proofs since 2013 like Facebook updates of relationship status and traveling together. In 2015 March, we got married officially and we have dozens of government officials proofs and photographs which we sent to embassy. Also phone bills and chats of before marriage and after marriage. We have joint bank account with $6600 NZ since last 1 year. And other Bank account which is joint and joint family medical insurance which is 10 months old. What do u think?

You will probably get asked for more - INZ usually ask for more proof before a visa is issued, to cover the time of processing, making sure they're not giving a visa to someone whose relationship has broken up in the meantime. Here are old threads with discussions and examples. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof Don't forget to keep collecting evidence of partnership even after she gets her visa, as you will need it for Residence later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast