Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residence Application

Unhappy Residence Application

Please urgently need help....it's been 4 months since we applied for our Residence Visa Application under the Skill Migrant Category but as far as I know that last month my CO send a questionnaire to my employer with a lot of questions and also requested for the below mentioned documents.

Copies of signed financial statements for the last financial year. Or, if these are not available, copies of GST returns for the last year.

Copies of time & wages records for the past 3 months

The company’s organisational flow chart showing your employees’ positions.

But my biggest concern now is that my employer will not send financial statements as requested by my CO because its confidential documents. Please does any one know of what will happen if one of these documents will not be submitted as per my CO request.

I'm very stressed of what will happened?

It is perfectly normal for the CO to require such matters. When a Residence application includes the skilled job that the applicant already has, then INZ have to check out the company to make sure that it is on a sound financial footing, and that it is operating legally. If your employer has actually SAID that he doesn't like this because such matters are confidential, you can reassure him that they are treated confidentially by INZ, too - you, the employee, don't get to know about his private business. It is very important that the employer supplies everything that has been asked for, because the CO cannot proceed with your application without it.

Thank you very much for the advice I will try my best to persuade my employer because it seems that she's not very helpful I had a stressful Easter I tried bypassing her to the executive level but she still insist that the CO needs to contact her directly but I just can't get a hold of the CO for three weeks now. Thank you once again

Hi JandM,

Please, just wanting to know or understand if the questionnaire that was send to my employer will be the last thing and then I will get a reply on my residence application or is there another assessment after this. Thanks

There is no set order for the CO to tackle the different checks that the application has to go through, so nobody can say what more your CO may still have to do for your application. In any case, s/he may have sent out queries to e.g. former employers and your university, and still be waiting for replies, without which s/he can't proceed, quite apart from needing the reply from your employer.

Thank you very much JandM for the helpful information

Hi JandM,

First and foremost I would like to say thank you very much for your help...very much appreciated...My Resident Application was approved on the 11th April 2016.....Now, I really need to send our passports up in Henderson Office...Do you know the SMC Levy Fee cost please

hi Tai
    our smc was also approved the same time as yours 11th april
    The question is have you receive AIP?, we are still waiting for that letter

Hi Catash,

No, I haven't receive a AIP Letter yet but my Immigration adviser already sent me a Migration Levy Fee Application form saying that we have to send it to Henderson with my Visa Card Details in-order for Immigration to deduct the Migrant Levy Fee?

Tai, it sounds as though maybe your AIP information went to your agent. See here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...96DF2B84F2.htm to check on the fees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast