Thread: Silver Fern Processing time

Default Silver Fern Processing time

Hello!
    I am looking forward to be one of the lucky 300 that gets selected for a silver fern visa this year (I assume it will be around the end of November again).
    My question is, if I do get selected and I have all my paperwork ready and send it the next day (lets say Nov 21), from that day how long does it take for NZ immigration to approve and return my passport? (assuming that I sent everything right and no further submissions are required)
    I want to visit the home before moving to NZ (need passport for that) but I am hoping to get there at the end of February if possible.

Thanks!
    Last edited by logisticamente; 26th March 2016 at 04:10 PM.

Here is a thread that was running last November onwards, where you can see how the process was running. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47909

It varies, mine took just over a month but I've also heard of someone who got their approval after 10 days.

for my case, it took me around 5 working days from submitting the doc including passport to be approved, and it took another 2 working days to send back my passport. I think it depends on how busy they are when they process your application.