Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IQA Assessment LTSST and Documents

Default IQA Assessment LTSST and Documents

Hi Sir/Madam,

I am about to finish my online application in IQA but I still have doubts on the following: Please help me.

1. In the IQA form in their site, I can't find the LTSSL section where you can tick it. Are they going to assess you if you fall under any of the LTSSL category? Are they going to indicate what category you fall under on their results? In my case I am 312412.

2. Are these the correct documents am I going to send to them?
    Original Documents:
    - degree certificate
    - high school certificate
    - TOR
    - certificate of employment and job description

Certified True Copy:
    - passport
    - Academic Syllabus

Thanks,

GlennMed

Here is the NZQA's own page about what it requires for the IQA. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...on-assessment/

Appendix B here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ifications.pdf is what you need to ask NZQA to check for comparability.

Thanks JandM for the informative reply.

Since I need to gain points in LTSSL, I will send my cert of employment together with the job description to NZQA. Am I correct?

For those who wants to gain points in LTSSL, which is preferred, apply EOI with the PAR or the IQA result?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMed View Post
    Thanks JandM for the informative reply.

Since I need to gain points in LTSSL, I will send my cert of employment together with the job description to NZQA. Am I correct?

For those who wants to gain points in LTSSL, which is preferred, apply EOI with the PAR or the IQA result?

I sent my employment/offer letter, letter from employer stating my Job description, full/part-time and employment period to NZQA.

I submitted my EOI with PAR, ITA received back in Feb. Now I am still waiting for my IQA result since I sent to them on 16th Feb (mind you, it will definitely take more than 35 working days!). PAR could be a waste of money, eventually it's all up to you how you want to do it. For me, getting an ITA was my first priority.

Yes, PAR can be a waste of time and money. The PAR result can be completely wrong. It is done only by looking at the name of the foreign course, whereas for the IQA, the subjects studied, for how long and to what depth, are considered, before stating what NZ Level the course is, and if there is a NZ qualification to which the foreign one is comparable.

Thanks soonkoh and JandM.

I think I will go for IQA.

From the points system, how much is the points for IELTS? I can't find any.

And based on your experience and shared information from this forum, how much is the probability of being invited to apply when you only have like 120 points?

No points are awarded for having an acceptable standard of English. It is a gateway requirement - that is, since the ability to use English to a good standard is seen as necessary to be able to work in a skilled job in NZ, nobody, however good their other qualifications and experience, will be granted residence without it.

The way the NZ government have the immigration quotas set at present, there is no chance of an EOI with no job offer being selected with 120 points. Without a job offer, 140 is the minimum. With a skilled job offer, 100 is the minimum.

Hello all,
    sorry for disturbing you,
    I'm a newcomer here, and don't have enough post to create new thread.
    I have been software engineer for more than 8 years. 4 years before I worked as a college lecturer and trainer at a computer science centre.

I am intending to apply for bonus points for having a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage Software Engineer (261313) in LTSSL

Could you please help me a question about IQA whether I need to submit them irrelevant work experience document (the time I work as a lecturer and trainer) ?

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NguyenHuynh View Post
    Hello all,
    sorry for disturbing you,
    I'm a newcomer here, and don't have enough post to create new thread.
    I have been software engineer for more than 8 years. 4 years before I worked as a college lecturer and trainer at a computer science centre.

I am intending to apply for bonus points for having a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage Software Engineer (261313) in LTSSL

Could you please help me a question about IQA whether I need to submit them irrelevant work experience document (the time I work as a lecturer and trainer) ?

Thank you in advance.
    you could claim points for you bachelor degree... And they will only check and confirm your degree... Your experience is no taken into account.

But with your experience in education I am not sure if could request points for that! Your work activities must match the ANZCO code.

Thank you YessicaCBO,
    I don't claim point for teaching experience. I have work experience both in education and software engineer. I just want to claim point for software engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by YessicaCBO View Post
    you could claim points for you bachelor degree... And they will only check and confirm your degree... Your experience is no taken into account.

But with your experience in education I am not sure if could request points for that! Your work activities must match the ANZCO code.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast